• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP435 Shifter Covers. Show me Yours.

2BroncFamily

Loc.
Hood River, OR
With the NP435 in place, I'm curious to see how you guys covered the hole. I got away with a pretty small hole. I think that with an oversized boot I might be able to get away from patching any sheetmetal. What did you do?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I have a 2 inch body lift, so I got away with cutting a pretty small hole too. I just used the stock NP435 boot and bent the metal frame to match the angle of the tranny cover. Here's the only pic that have of it on this computer. You can see most of it.

Attachments

• 100_3079.jpg
    100_3079.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
2BroncFamily

2BroncFamily

Loc.
Hood River, OR
Unfortunately, my hole isn't that small. I didn't drop the rear of the engine to mate the tranny, so I had to cut to the back of the body brace.

Newby

Loc.
Thorndale
I used a large piece of diamond plate to create a "new floor" then used a shift boot from a '98 Dodge 3500. Works great. I also have a 2" BL, but didn't drop the back of the motor. I had to do alot of cutting, because I did twinsticks at the same time and needed to cut for clearance.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I have no pictures but the hole I had left was most of the hump top ...
I had to cut mine about 3 times to get there ..so as I was tring to figure out what I needed to build ...So I got an oil box..6 gallon case box ..cut it up to fit duck taped around the corners ...drove around to see if it fit....Then it hit me cover this box with fiber glass .. inside and out side inside 1st ..We did 2 of these it has worked great on both $5.00 and one has been done 6 years now ..We spray one black rattle can mine is spray can bed liner ....I used the np435 boot...