• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Np435 to Dana 20 disassembly question

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
Question about separating the transfer case from the np435 to replace the seals. Can I just unbolt the adapter and pull the trans and transfer case apart to replace those seals in between the two? Thanks
PHP:

Attachments

• DD8C3CD5-20A0-440E-85C6-8DEBC93DD561.jpg
    DD8C3CD5-20A0-440E-85C6-8DEBC93DD561.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 54

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I just did mine about a month ago. If you take the adapter off at the transmission you are good to go. If you take the adapter off of the t case you will drop some bearings inside the t case most of the time. I have another t case and adapter apart in my garage right now if you want some pics of what I am talking about.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Maybe I am not seeing things correctly this morning but, I was looking at the picture and it doesn't look like the flags are cut on the t case. Is that a new install on the twin stick?

OP
OP
onpier55

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
Not a new install on the twin sticks. As pictured is how I bought the setup. My Bronco had a three speed when I bought it. So I have a spare Dana 20 now.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thats always a good thing when you have a spare laying around.