• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nylint r/c rock crawlers

jagscars

Loc.
Boise,ID
Has anybody played with these trucks? My wife got me one for xmas and it's a serious blast! We made a course in my shop ouy of whatever and took turns running it for about an hour.Now everybody comes over to play with the rock truck.That's the best $150.00 toy out there. :cool:

rednck21

a buddy of mine got one last week. they are pretty capable. i would like it alot more if it had an eb body on it though ;D

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
My wife got me the smaller one for Christmas. It's been fun but I would like to play with the larger one.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I've got the little scorpion. It's been fun, but I the rear gears are stripped because under the slightest pressure, they stop. I need to visit Walmart to have them replace it. Even the the little one is fun. I saw the big one over the weekend. The weight seems to work well with the suspension, but the little ones are too light. Good stuff!

J.D.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
i got one for x=mas from my wife. the next day we were at the family dollar and i found 3 rc broncos in different sizes. bought all 3 and now my scorpian is a bronco. the side holes on the bronco matched the hole on the scorpian. that same day i picked up a hot wheels bronco on 26" spiners, the tonka bronco pushing a h2 and the monster gar remote bronco. had to be one of the best days for me.....

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
burntfish said:
i got one for x=mas from my wife. the next day we were at the family dollar and i found 3 rc broncos in different sizes. bought all 3 and now my scorpian is a bronco. the side holes on the bronco matched the hole on the scorpian. that same day i picked up a hot wheels bronco on 26" spiners, the tonka bronco pushing a h2 and the monster gar remote bronco. had to be one of the best days for me.....

That calls for pictures!! What dollar store...?

J.D.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
there's 3 or 4 FIFTEEN page long threads on those over on Pirate. They also have links to R/C web forums.

crazy upgrades....4 links, paint jobs, mods, etc.... :eek:

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
ive got a gas powered savage with a bronco body to match mine. I seen the ones your talking about a 4 wheel parts. My bronco is costing me to much lately to be able to get anymore toys for a while.

OP
OP
J

jagscars

Loc.
Boise,ID
Are the little ones builrt like the 1/6 scale? Isaw some a target but I don't think they were the same brand as walmart is supposed to have exclusive rights to the nylint ones. The little one I saw was about $60.00 or so and was kind of cheesy with plastic tires.With the big ones you can order all the parts from funshine.Hopefully the E.B. body will attach the same as the jeep. Another cool thing is all the parts are screwed on so it's easy to repaint.I think were gonna use the orange and do a blaze cammo and one off KTM graphics. :cool:

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Haven't seen the one at Target, but they are under $50 a Wal-Mart with rubber tires. The 1:18 scale ones are pretty much the exact same except the weight ratio is off, or they used the same compound for both large and small tires. I wish my tires were larger and softer.

J.D.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I got the little scorpion for my son for x-mas...I don't know who plays with it more, him, or me...When the Bronco ones come out, I'm going to get one, and an extra drivetrain...I want to make mine with 4 wheel steering...It looks like it would be easy to do...Just replace the rear axle with another front axle, and solder the steering to work oposite of the front...Anyone have any pics of the Bronco body?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Now that's a good idea. The rear on mine stripped out pretty easily so I am going to call funrise and see if they'll replace it or send me a new one, then I might have spare parts to try the 4-wheel steering. I wonder if it'll run out of battery power tho?

J.D.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I think you'll have plenty of power in low range. The neighbor kid was RIDING ours (ok, my sons') on new years eve, he's only 2, but it still climbed the wall in the house and dumped him over!

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
So apparently I'm a little behind on these toys....

I was at Walmart the other day and saw the 1:18 Scale on clearance for $25

I bought (2) - 1 Scorpion and 1 Jeep for my son for x-mas....played with one for a charge to see how well it worked then packaged them up for Dec. I had so much fun with it that I couldn't wait and I went and bought a 3rd one for me, another Scorpion, that my wife doesn't know about that I'm going to modify the living crap out of......

I grooved the Baja claws and reversed the tires last night. It seems to help them flex better. I may be stretching the wheelbase tonight and seeing how she goes

On the axles breaking, there are now a few different ways to strengthen them that I've seen. I've found a fair bit of info on RCCrawler.com

People are upgrading the axles, motors, servos, electronics, 4 wheel steer, etc already on these things. Too much fun

It's funny....people on these RC forums call their cars/trucks their 1:1 scale vehicles. (I saw at least one guy talking about his 1:1 75 Bronco)

BigFord74

Loc.
Nixa,Mo

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Heres mine
n52700122_30217166_900.jpg