• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nylint toy Bronco help needed!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey I'm in need of a little help/info on Nylint Bronco. I picked up a resto project Nylint EB on eBay in hopes to restore it to match my current '66 U13 build. :cool: I'd never messed with one of these toy broncos be for so I don't want to ruin anything in the process.

Anyways I'd like to take off the wheels and possible pop off metal hubcaps of the wheels themselves to restore them too. I did try to pull little but they didn't just come right off for me so, I didn't want to force it. There must be a trick to it! So, do any of you Nylint toy Bronco gurus have any guidance for me? lol

Thanks Jeff

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I love the toys. I too would be interested in restoring a few of mine.. This one in particular

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 61

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
bump for ya Jeff. never taken one apart, but someone is bound to have a few secrets/tips

House

Minutia Militia
IIRC you can take an x-acto to the hubcap to get to the clip that holds
the wheel to the axle, but I haven't worked on one in quite some time...
I would go try it on a beater, but I only have nicer ones these days, sorry...

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
IIRC you can take an x-acto to the hubcap to get to the clip that holds
the wheel to the axle, but I haven't worked on one in quite some time...
I would go try it on a beater, but I only have nicer ones these days, sorry...

That what I kind of figured that the wheels are held on a clip under the hubcap. I just didn't want to try prying up the hubcaps if that wasn't the answer to taking them off. So thanks for the tip! As I get a bit more time and pictures I'll start to posting my U13 build and Nylint Bronco resto! lol

Thanks again, Jeff

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
body color of the Nylint Bronco

I love the toys. I too would be interested in restoring a few of mine.. This one in particular

Hey pitbull, is your Nylint Bronco color closer to Arcadian Blue or Caribbean Turquoise? From the picture it looks like it could be either or something in between.

Thanks, Jeff