• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

obdII and newer efi manuals/books?

krisbassett

Hey guys

I'm wanting to upgrade the efi in my bronco. The efi in it now was all scavenged from a 1990 f250. That was ten years ago when I put that together. I now have everything from a 1997 explorer and I'm wanting to do the same as I did ten years ago.....make my own harness and learn about it's controls. Can you suggest any good books on the newer electronics and the obdII controls?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
When I did mine. I sent my Explorer ECU to EfiGuy, so he could configure it for what I was doing. He also sent me the "pinout" of the ECU, which is basically the wiring diagram for the entire Explorer EFI system. From that I was able to remove everything from the harness that I didn't need and also figure out how it all worked.

Mark

OP
OP
krisbassett

krisbassett

All this will be going on a 351w and I may even stroke it out to a 408w. Can he take the configuration that far? I'm still torn on weather to mess with the engine much. It was a fresh rebuild when I put it in ten years ago. Just for fun I did a cold compression test after I had taken all the fuel system and ignition off. The lowest cyl was 144psi and four of them have 150psi. So......I'm on the fence as to weather I should rebuild or not. If I could stroke it and use my existing pistons I'd be much more willing to do it!

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
You will need new pistons. Why do you want to stroke it? Do you need more torque?