• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

of Bees, Broncos and Benefactors

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Well Feitctaj took one for the team yesterday. The little bugger got him right through his glove. We were moving the tub and just wanted to place it on the frame. They had found some little nook in the wheel well and they acted like they own it. Out came the spray can and the battle was on. These were those really aggressive SOBees. You know the ones - they zoom right at you all po'd. I don't know what it is about bees and Broncos but it seems to be a continuing theme for me. My '68 was full of them when I got it. I'm not sure I ever totally got rid of them. Now that I think about it I hope whoever is in it gets stung good. My new tub came with a fresh batch. I was pretty sure I got them so new ones must have moved in. Anyway, I'm saying it's war. Us or them. :mad:

On another note. More parts have come my way. Raharr3 sent me a real fancy battery tray with a Bronco logo on it. Way cool. Fugly, amazingly, hauled an entire pallet from Las Vegas to Yakima with stuff for me. :eek: A tranny/adapter/t-case assembly with linkage also knuckles for the front axle. I finally got to meet Skuzzlebutt. He donated wheels and tires, wiring harness, master cylinder, stock rear springs and a bulkhead. Gentlemen and scholars all three. There's alot of plusses to owning a Bronco but fine friends like these has to be the best.

70 sport WA

Contributor
Glad to hear your project is moving along, always a good thing ;D It would be good if you could post items you need in case anyone else would like to give to the cause...whether it goes in this thread or the "wanted" forum, as you progress with the build-up I'm sure you'd find some willing donors. The basics were easy enough and I'm glad you have a good foundation to work with...now let's help you get the rest of it together.

Dan

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
them is western Yellow jackets and they are gonna pay my middle finger won't retract, it is , for the duration swollen, and constantly in the international love sign pose..
I got me a plan, cause they built two new small nests under the dash today whileI was at work. they are not happy tonight, HEHEHE;D a set of front springs would make my day 70:cool:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
What about some 2.5" springs? They are older variable rates from Bronco Parts (of Sacramento). They need to go and are in very good shape. PM me if interested SeaBiscuit.

John

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
70 sport WA said:
Glad to hear your project is moving along, always a good thing ;D It would be good if you could post items you need in case anyone else would like to give to the cause...whether it goes in this thread or the "wanted" forum, as you progress with the build-up I'm sure you'd find some willing donors. The basics were easy enough and I'm glad you have a good foundation to work with...now let's help you get the rest of it together.

Dan

Okay. Well it's hard to see past the immediate needs. What I'm looking for now is suspension and steering stuff. I'll pm trailpsycho and hopefully we can work something out there. What remains to be located are shackles for those leafs and some radius arms. I'm typing as I think here. There's no steering so a box and linkage, any kind, stock, manual, I don't care. With that I can make it roll. The rest of the truck is pretty much a naked body. There's no doors, tailgate, hood, fenders, grill, stuff to go in the grill, dash, stuff to go in the dash, seats. I do have gas tanks, bumpers and a steering wheel though :)
I'm probably not remembering everything, which happens to me alot these days. Oh yeah I'm waiting on a package from jbg with shock mounts and motor stands.

broncohunter

I've got radius arms and a stock steering box or a 2wd truck power steering box. I'm not to far from Tacoma.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
broncohunter said:
I've got radius arms and a stock steering box or a 2wd truck power steering box. I'm not to far from Tacoma.
you are the man, we were just talking that the stuff you have is what it needs next:cool:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
PM received from Seabiscuit and reply sent back...I have some of the other stuff needed as well...requested phone # to discuss needs, shiping methods, additional parts, terms, etc.

Cheers!

John