• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Officially Mine!

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
So today turned out to be a big day for me!

When I bought my 74 a few months ago I did it on a gamble. That gamble was the word of the seller and nothing more... no paper work of any kind.

The usual story of "I bought it from a guy, who bought it form some other guy". This seller wouldn't sign a Bill of Sale for me either. I took a huge risk with his buy...

Fortunately my wife partners with a lot of car dealers in her business of auto recovery. She knew someone that would do all the hard work I was dreading. Lost title and DMV mumbo jump.

We hired this company who came out to the house, did a VIN check, (typically a trip to CHP), a statement of facts and all the necessary paperwork with CHP and DMV. 2 Weeks later I am now the official owner of the 74 bronco in my driveway. Total cost to me was 280$... which covered everything from the lost title to the registration. Small price in my opinion!

Sitting on the counter are new plates, new reg and in a week or two I'll receive my new title.

What a relief today has been! Of course now I have to make decisions on what parts to buy!

Anyhow, thought I'd share something good in the bronco world!

Cheers

Nemi

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Thanks ared77 and Bronco Junkie!

I made my first big buy last night too! Picked up a set of Baja RS's from Corbeau. The bronco didn't have any seats and I considered going cheap, but I've done the cheap seats in another build before an they were very uncomfortable and didn't last long.

Cheers

Nemi

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Glad to hear the risk worked out and your reward is a BRONCO!!

Congrats.

gotdads68

Contributor
Just went thorough a similar scenario and got my plates Tue.
Congrats!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You guys got that done in CA with no paperwork? How? I have a U13 pasture ornament with no paper. Sure be nice to get regular title and not salvage. Thanks, Mark

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Congrats Nemi, now post them Pics :)

Thanks sprdv1!

I do have another build thread that has a bunch of photos. Although I am due to post a few more. Not much has changed, but pics are cool so why not!

Just went thorough a similar scenario and got my plates Tue.
Congrats!

NICE! Glad it worked out for you as well.

You guys got that done in CA with no paperwork? How? I have a U13 pasture ornament with no paper. Sure be nice to get regular title and not salvage. Thanks, Mark

I had my doubts but thinking about it after all said an done it seemed pretty painless. Is the bronco in your pasture in the DMV database? Mine had fallen out of their system which might have made the difference.

gotdads68

Contributor

I had my doubts but thinking about it after all said an done it seemed pretty painless. Is the bronco in your pasture in the DMV database? Mine had fallen out of their system which might have made the difference.
Same here, out of the system (20 years). Just a matter of filling out proper paperwork and getting a VIN verify done at CHP. DMV can do the VIN verify if you get a wiling person, I didn't.

Read this: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...mv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr14

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This U13 came from a farm in MO. No DMV paperwork at all. Nice lady at DMV said Bronco will have to be completed and pass inspection then given a salvage title. I'll read that link, thank you. Mark

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Same here, out of the system (20 years). Just a matter of filling out proper paperwork and getting a VIN verify done at CHP. DMV can do the VIN verify if you get a wiling person, I didn't.

Read this: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...mv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr14

I think the hardest part of all this is getting CHP to do the VIN check and having a decent statement of facts. That is where I lucked out hiring a friend of my wife's business. She made quick work of it and it only took 2 weeks. The only reason it went that long was because she tried to work DMV into getting me the last two digits of my plate to say 74. Which would have been a nice touch.

This U13 came from a farm in MO. No DMV paperwork at all. Nice lady at DMV said Bronco will have to be completed and pass inspection then given a salvage title. I'll read that link, thank you. Mark

Chico might be out of the way but if you'd like I could always ask to see how far the company I hired is willing to travel? There might be an increased cost for the travel though?

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers

Nemi

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Nemi, thank you. I've got one local source of help I'll try first. However, if I can get the info on that outfit I'd appreciate it. Mark