• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil pan install kit for the do it your SELF person.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I hate installing oil pans. Fighting the bolts, gaskets and then trying not to move anything for the correct install the first time.
So ck out the pics.
The kit is 4 (1/4 x20 x 2") bolts. The less thread the better.
These bolts are just used to hold the pan in place so that you can push the oil pan up evenly and then get your original bolts started. After that discard the kit bolts and go to work.

Attachments

• Izzy 003.jpg
    Izzy 003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Izzy 004.jpg
    Izzy 004.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 83
  • Izzy 005.jpg
    Izzy 005.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Izzy 006.jpg
    Izzy 006.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Izzy 007.jpg
    Izzy 007.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 67

barronj

Bronco Guru
That's a tip worth sharing. The only oil pan gasket (and oil pan) I've ever changed on my back was on a 2004 VW Passat wagon. Normally, I would just pull the motor.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Cork FTL - don't over torque it or it is going to leak...

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
kind of a hijack.....but same subject....headers,I replace the front and back bolt with one 2-3 inches long ,then remove all the others.Makes things easier.
Hijack over;)

70_Steve

Old Guy
OR get a one piece gasket that comes with guide clips & git'er done!
X2! But don't do what I did and get the one piece gasket that DOESN'T come with the clips (fordracing... :() Found out those little tiny tiewraps work in a pinch.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Actually I had issues with the 1 piece gasket leaking severely on the racer. After a little prodding around, it seems others have had issues with them as well on a stock EB oil pan. I think that the little 'bumps' along the sealing surface areas can sometimes create problems with the gasket. My luck is usually bad, and I guess this was no exception.

Now on a later model oil pan with the pan rail stiffeners, the 1 piece is hands down the way to go.