• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old Frame/Newer running gear

Rocko1012

WILL running gear from a 1977 fit a 1970 frame and body mount to frame? My frame is rusted beyond repair and have chance to purchase a 1970 with tittle in better shape
9" Rear end
D44 Front w/ Disc brakes
Currently 3 spd Trans w/D20

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Yes they will fit.

Strip all the usable parts from the 1977, even if you don't use them someone on here probably can.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless, of course, your 1970 is a 6 cylinder and your 77 is an 8 cylinder.

OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

No both had a V8, a little concerned about tittles between both.
Thanks for the responses. $750 with tittle seams a little high.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
No both had a V8, a little concerned about tittles between both.
Thanks for the responses. $750 with tittle seams a little high.

Is it the frame only?
Or are there other parts?

I would agree that for a frame only $750 seems high to me too.
Closer to $500 would be about right.

OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

its complete bare frame, Used frames are hard to find, New are very Expensive.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You will have to deal with rear gas tank mounting issues but not the biggest of deals.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rocko1012 - Other than slight mods to get the rear 77 tank to fit correctly in the 70 Frame, Everything fits - No problem. I recommend using an earlier tank.

That is exactly what I am in the process or doing with my 69 Bronco. The engine, trans, transfer case, steering column and power brake booster are from a 77. All in great shape, just rebuilt. 69 Fuel tank remains. My 77 will have different drive train installed.

Once it is all said and done, the average person will have NO idea that my 69 Bronco did not come with an C4 automatic transmission or power steering. Although, members here will know.

Since the 69 will be rebuilt with all original Bronco parts, it will look original with no modifications to make it work..

Kbpony

I have been doing the same thing with my ‘77. As mentioned, the fuel tank. Mine already had a custom mount, so no big deal. The other consideration is the track bar bracket. The ‘77 is different from the earlier ones. I cut my old bracket off my old frame and welded it on the replacement frame. It has a bolt through it for positioning you have to cut the weld loose on also.