• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old snap Kayline top mounting question

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I am installing a vintage snap Kayline top. Does the metal horizontal rod above the doors fit into a small bracket in the front like a stc top? Or does it just rest on top of the windshield? I dont have any angle brackets for behind the riser for that rod to slip into, but it might not need them.

jsnouffer

Contributor
Yes, there should be a bracket for the rod to slip into. Here's a screen shot from the installation instructions.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 6.30.46 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-03 at 6.30.46 PM.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 23

ol gray mare

I have the hardware to my old Kayline except one of the aluminum angles that holds the snaps on the rear fender. PM me if intrested.

OP
OP
got-broncos

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the help. It looks like I need to find Those brackets item 18 in drawing A. Does anybody have those? I might be able to fabricate those using my STC ones as a pattern.