• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

On road (with some off) suspension seats.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I used Mustang GT seats in front and Colt Vista (folders) rear for my last build and I think suspensions eats would isolate my old Army bones a bit more and make driving more fun.

As I am looking to make a decision on a set of suspension seats for my daily (well as much a possible) ride. Would you guys please show us what you have and tell us what you think of them. :)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I love my PRP Daily Driver seats. The heat option is the bomb on those chilly mornings.

Sorry for the sideways pic......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 404

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I had a set of Corbeau Baja RS seats and they were very comfortable. I would highly recommend them and they are reasonably priced. Also I had a recliner strip out on the seats after a year and they sent me a replacement part for free. Always had good service from Corbeau.

Hank

TN1776

Bronco Guru
The PRP daily drivers are probably a good bet. I have PRP buckets with super high bolsters - they are nice, but I'm good for about 3-4 hours in them tops. On a hot day you're kind of trapped and your back never gets any ventilation.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Corbeau Baja Ultra SS, wide version. If you can get your but over the side bolster, they are comfortable and keep you planted. I had one year after about 15 months, Corbeau replaced it with only a shipping charge on a new seat cover. Great service!!

I am going to move these to the crawler and go with the RS in the street truck

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
I have a set of early '80's BMW 320i Recaro seats in my '91 Wrangler right now (soon to be EX-Wrangler; I bought a '69 Bronco yesterday). I had them restored with Mercedes leather, and added heater elements; here's a picture sans headrests:
normal_RecaroSeatsA1.jpg

These are suspension seats and are very comfortable; unfortunately, everyone above the age of 5 now knows about these seats, so it's hard to find a "deal" on them...
Depending on your size, you may prefer one of Recaro's German competitors - Scheel-Mann seats. They have a certain "look" to them - you'll either love 'em or you'll hate 'em. My car buddy calls 'em "Puffy Seats" - he says he's gonna get me a "Puffy Shirt" like the one in the Seinfeld episode. I'm 6'2" and ~225 with long legs and wide shoulders, so the Scheel-Mann seats work better for me than the Recaros. I've searched ~5 years to find a set in original leather rather than the "corduroy type" material that most of 'em came in - just scored this set of Scheel-Mann 500's "off eBay" for $1,600:
normal_Scheel-Mann1.jpg

The Scheel-Manns are suspension seats too, but they have wider "bands" across the bottoms. They were found in Porsches, BMW's, Ferrari's, and Lamborghini's too, if memory serves...

ZOSO

Mastercraft Baja RS. Awesome seat!

How well do these fit? Being 6'1" the factory seats are too tall. I get a neck ache when driving the bronco for any amount of time due to slouching over to look out the windshield.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
My best advice is find someone that has the seats that will let you sit in them.
They all fit a little different and for the price of these, get the brand that fits you.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I have Corbeau seats as well. Feel free to stop by one day and sit in them. We can take a ride. Any excuse to take the Bronco for a spin works for me!

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I went with the Corbeau XRS seats and am very happy with the way they ride. The cloth inserts have faded more than expected though for their age. Set fairly low to the floor.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
No pics, sorry, and no camera available till possibly Sunday.

EB70

Contributor
I don't want to thread jack here, but does anyone know of a really low-profle seat that is aftermarket or at least easily found? Suspension seats are fine.

The issue that I have is the seats are way too tall in mine. I look right at the upper window frame, forget looking at the horizon. I can remount them, but it will still be too tall.