• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Open Wheeling at Crozet, VA - March 1-2, 2008

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Just thought I'd pass this info along for anyone wishing to attend. I apologize for the short fuze. I'm still not even 100% sure of whether or not I'll be attending this one. I just haven't had time to repair my air compressor and I'm working eves this week.

Open Wheeling at Crozet, VA - March 1st & 2nd, 2008

Please remember that we are a private park and are NOT open to the public at any other time unless arranged through Chris or Heather. When cross-posting this event to another forum, please include this notice. Thank you.

When is the event?

Friday, Feb 29th setup camp anytime after 4:00PM
Saturday, March 1st 8:30 AM wheeling (PLEASE BE ON TIME TO GET INTO GROUPS)
Sunday, March 2nd 8:30 AM wheeling (PLEASE BE ON TIME TO GET INTO GROUPS)
Depart by 5:00PM March 2nd or earlier

Where is the event?

The event will be held in Crozet, VA. Please check http://forums.xjsrule.com/viewtopic.php?t=119 for directions. For any
questions regarding the event, please contact Chris Packard at jeepnchris@xjsrule.com.

What is the event?

We will have guided wheeling of all level trails (listed below) and a large bonfire on Friday and Saturday night. Primitive on-site camping and porta-john is available. If desired/needed, we will separate tenting areas for noise control.

Who can participate?

Members of clubs or individuals with no club affiliation are welcome. This event is limited to the first 40 rigs that sign-up via e-mail to jeepnchris@xjsrule.com. Participants are being asked to pre-register via e-mail for this event to confirm a space.

What are the minimum vehicle requirements?

Low blues:
- 31" tires - not street tread
- Hi-lift jack or a jack capable of lifting your tire off the ground
- Tow strap (hooks type straps are not permitted)
- Tow points front and rear of vehicle
- A CB
- First-aid kit
- Rocker protection and skid plates recommended

Middle\Upper blues with (optional) low black bypasses
- 33" tires
- A CB
- First-aid kit

Low Blacks
- 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- A CB
- First-aid kit
Note: Body and/or drive train damage is likely

Upper Black/Red
- Minimum 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Full frame tied-in roll cage (6 or more points)
- A total disregard for body damage
- Helmets recommended
- A trailer to tow your rig home
- A few screws loose in your head

What types of trails will be wheeled?

We will have guides available for each trail level. Participants will choose trail levels on a daily basis (i.e. can run blues one day, blacks the next, and vice versa).

What is the cost for the event?

$30/day per vehicle (no passenger fee), $60/2-day weekend per vehicle (no passenger fee). Members fees are $25/day per vehicle (no passenger fee), $40/2-day weekend per vehicle (no passenger fee).

Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED during the trail rides. You may drink after you are done wheeling. Alcohol is permitted in the camping and bonfire area.

Chris

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I'll be there w/ my new Zuk .. {will post pic later } Come on fdezone TCKeith said we would help you get it going up there .. What you waiting for ???lol