• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions on plate bumpers and best deals

BLUE72

I was just wondering if anyone has preferences on plate bumpers. The good and the bad. I was looking at the bailie built stuff but also have seen the rock blocker from wild horses and the impact bumpers from Tom's. Anyone have experiece with these and the best deals on them. I was on the Bailie site but did not see a number to contact them. I wanted to ask about the price for chrome.

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
I am 99% sure that the Tom's and WH are both made by protofab.

I was just wondering if anyone has preferences on plate bumpers. The good and the bad. I was looking at the bailie built stuff but also have seen the rock blocker from wild horses and the impact bumpers from Tom's. Anyone have experiece with these and the best deals on them. I was on the Bailie site but did not see a number to contact them. I wanted to ask about the price for chrome.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Protofab is the shit. I am sure that BB is also good... but I am very, very very impressed with the Protofab pieces I bought. I had built a stealth-style bumper that was cool, but the Protofab stuff is so ridiculously beef and beautiful at the same time. It was well worth the extra coin. I can pass on the stealth to someone else. Good luck with your decision.

Projp

I settled on some from D & C Extreme. They are out of Colorado.
The front one has been whittled on some.
Blue72 - I haven't been able to swing by Seths yet, maybe next week
Jeff

Attachments

• 100_1803 [1024x768].JPG
    100_1803 [1024x768].JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_2022 [1024x768].JPG
    100_2022 [1024x768].JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 122

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Here is my slightlly customized B Bult bumper

I guess since I own one I am a little biased, but I love it

Attachments

• wench.JPG
    wench.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 91
  • T-Max3.JPG
    T-Max3.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 68

Louie

Bronco Guru
As far as good deals on a plate...Cross Enterprises' plate is nice. You order it with whatever options you want & it comes powdercoated. I think it has kind of a stockish look to it too.

Attachments

• Cross bumper 4.JPG
    Cross bumper 4.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 101

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I've got a Protofab and A Bailiebilt. The protofab is nice, but I'd choose the BB over it everytime. I had just bought the Protofab about a week before I saw the BB.

Danger

Loc.
Horseshoe Bay, TX
Has anyone heard an update on the rear tire carrier for the BB Bumper? The ads have said "coming soon" for over a year now (when I bought mine).
They are an awesome set of bumpers- I even had a J##P guy ask me where he could get a set. I directed him to Gordon's site but told him that I doubt his rig could handle bumpers like these.

OP
OP
B

BLUE72

I ordered mine last week from BC Broncos. As of last week they did not know. I am suppose to get a call back about it from them. If I hear I will post up what I find out.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I settled on some from D & C Extreme. They are out of Colorado.
The front one has been whittled on some.
Blue72 - I haven't been able to swing by Seths yet, maybe next week
Jeff

D and C's RockClimber Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
This bumper is no longer available.
according to their website :(