• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions please....engine colors [yeah, that again]

ScottC

Loc.
Roanoke
I'm going to start a build thread soon and elaborate on some details but in the mean time, how would you finish painting this engine?

351W, GT40 Tubular intake, iron heads, stamped valve covers

Paint colors are VHT Cast Iron (dark), and VHT Univ. Aluminum (light)

2e4e0pk.jpg

The VHT Cast Iron is close enough to the overall body color that I'm going to keep it. Do you think I should paint valve covers, intake, and timing cover to match or leave all the aluminum parts aluminum colored? The valve covers will be painted to match the heads but they need more cleaning first.

Eventually I may get aluminum heads and aluminum valve covers, so I'm leaning towards keeping the other aluminum parts aluminum colored. But a friend of mine is trying to convince me to go with monochrome dark gray all over. The rest of the Bronco is gray and black except the blue poly bushings.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I painted my upper and lower manifolds with the same VHT aluminum color, and for lack of other ideas also painted my valve covers with it. I like the look but have been considering doing something else with the valve covers already. My block is similar to Ford engine blue but it's a little brighter. I may pull the valve covers and have them powder coated in silver vein. Undecided.

Sporto

VHT Makes a crinkle texture black ceramic engine paint. I am going to use that on my valve covers. It looks a lot like the old Mickey Thompson M/T valve covers from the old days.