• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ordered some parts, can hardly wait!

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
Well I got around to ordering some stuff for the bronco
(Tax Refund), 1" W/H body lift, 1 Gal. rust bullet, And
Front and Rear Xtreme Bumpers from Protofab. I will
be getting new bfg's when I'm finished with the other stuff.
I'll post some pic's when it comes in. Also will do a lot of pics
of the rust bullet application if I can. Now to save up for a paint job. :cool: ;D ;D :cool:

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Let us know about the 1" lift when you get it on. I'm looking at that myself. Have fun with the toys!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Sweet! Congrats on your purchases and post pics when you're done. I'm guessing you don't have a wife or kids to eat up your refund?

OP
OP
flint_knapper

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
broncobsession said:
Sweet! Congrats on your purchases and post pics when you're done. I'm guessing you don't have a wife or kids to eat up your refund?

I have a wife and a 13yr. This is the first time in years SOMETHING wasn't waiting to gobble it up.

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
flint_knapper said:
I have a wife and a 13yr. This is the first time in years SOMETHING wasn't waiting to gobble it up.

Hey I know the feeling. I did the same. I got my frame sandblasted and painted and also getting a lift from toms. I cant wait either. have fun. Tim

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I am thinking about getting the WH 1 inch body lift too....I was wondering how it will affect the gas filler hose...I have 66 with the rear tank only...Any input? any one have some up close pics of this setup? TIA

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
I installed that 1" body lift from WH in my '68, the job went really well, but it was a little difficult to get the old body mounts out though. I had no problems after installing the 1" body lift, but I did have to adjust the clutch linkage.
I just received my new "Rock Crawler PS kit" today from "West Coast Bronco parts" and I'm going to try and tackle that tomorrow.
This cold weather and my job just doesn't give me much time for the Bronco these days.
Gotta love adding new parts to our toys though!
good luck and have fun!

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
hey jeff68.. We don't live far apart I live in Madison Ms You didn't have any trouble with your transfer case shifter after the body lift did you? Did you have to trim the floor of any thing? TIA

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
bronco-billy-66 said:
hey jeff68.. We don't live far apart I live in Madison Ms You didn't have any trouble with your transfer case shifter after the body lift did you? Did you have to trim the floor of any thing? TIA

I don't have the stock T-case, I used the NP205 T-case behind the NP435 tranny I installed. I had to do a lot of modifying to make things work.
Had to make a cross member and all, but all turned out well.

But with the 1" body lift I don't see any need for any mods on the T-case shifter.