• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original Half Cab?

pennyduke

Loc.
Stafford
Is this a Original Half Cab? If so, what do you think It's worth?

Attachments

• 00606_9VnHUMH2kml_600x450.jpg
    00606_9VnHUMH2kml_600x450.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 209

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
All depends on the buyer. I wouldn't pay anything for a halfcab with a big hole cut into it. That's just me though. I was surprised to get $600 for the one I sold, so there's probably a buyer out there for yours at $400.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
All depends on the buyer. I wouldn't pay anything for a halfcab with a big hole cut into it. That's just me though. I was surprised to get $600 for the one I sold, so there's probably a buyer out there for yours at $400.

I would think so too .. or around there...

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
7 years ago I paid 700 out here in California for a factory 1/2 cab top and bulkhead in 80% condition. Only you can decide if its worth it to you. It may be years before you see another one unless you go aftermarket fiberglass.

slim811

Contributor
Joshua. I'm not selling it. I'm thinking about buying it.

Didn't think I'd like a sunroof at first.
I have 2 full tops, one with a sunroof. Definitely more ventilation with sunroof and really not much heat or sun rays coming through the glass. Some replacement Parts can be obtained, The Sunroof Doctor one source (but not the glass.) So remember to close if clearance is tight with garage door. I've been watching for a half cab for a while now. I passed up a few in $400-500 range. Even a nicer one with bulkhead and gaskets for $750. To me anything over $500 I would be looking at BD fiberglass one. Light weight insulated for sound, wish I bought one when the shop was closer. Oh well, you usually kick yourself for the stuff you didn't buy, not the ones you bought. In conclusion sunroof already installed,chrome drip edge, local pickup Sure I'd pay $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pennyduke

Loc.
Stafford
Yes the rear window has the chrome trim too. I'm picking it up this weekend and I will post more pictures.

slim811

Contributor
Great for you! Kind of thought it might since it already had the drip rail trim. Pretty sure you'll like the roof. I picked up at spare sun roof at an estate sale last year. Just in case I forgot to close mine pulling in the garage. lol Gaskets and stuff are still available aftermarket. Don't forget BroncoDesign makes a replacement skin that glues on if you ever want to cover the hole. It would be nice if the headliner was still intact. I read where "Oil Canning" can even be an issue even with a half cab, probably not so much with the sunroof. If roof is not leaking don't try to remove the liner. Because loosening the screws around the sunroof will break the seal, then definitely it will leak. Me I'd be too excited to wait for the weekend. Good Luck with you purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pennyduke

Loc.
Stafford
That's a lot of good informtion. I'm gonna have to google Oil Canning. Not to sure what that is. I'm away on spring break this week and will be picking it up on the way home Saturday. Heck yea I'm excited!!!

slim811

Contributor
Oil canning is a term used to describe a loud sound a stock EB top occasionally makes when driving down a highway. IMG_1075.jpg IMG_1074.jpg I would guess it derives its name from the sound a vintage oil can makes when clicked. Only 1000 times louder and especially the first time you hear it, Scares the heck out of you. I'm unclear on the physics involved, but with an open sunroof it seems to lessen the occurrences.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Oil canning is when any flat piece of metal flexes like the bottom of an old school oil can like shown above. Autobody shops have to deal with this all the time and have to shrink stretched metal using heat back to its original size. Bronco tops are notorious for doing this, but I've only experienced it with the larger full tops (more surface area = easier to oil can). I've never had it happen with a half cab.