• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original hardtop question

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
How much is a good asking price for a original hard top in excellent condition? Fresh paint as well, all windows are good also

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
This is such a tricky question. The prices and condition vary. I've seen really nice, just bolt on and go, hard tops for $400. Then, I've seen bad shaped ones go for close to $1000. It just depends, but I guess there's your price line, anywhere between $400 to $1000.

For example, just found on Craigslist; Los Angeles, CA

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/5252096057.html

I wouldn't pay what he's asking for it. This, for me, is a $300 top all day.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Your area make a huge impact on price.
If you live in Arizona or Nevada they give them away for free. If you live in the rust belt they go for big$$.
I gave three of them away for free when I lived in Phoenix. And I just sold one up here in Washington for $400.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Geez last one I sold was for $150, no rust but needed paint (prob 10 yrs ago)

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Most go for come get it out of my yard before I scrap it. A few go for someone is looking for one in excellent condition and are willing to pay a few hundy for one.