• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ouch, little run in. NEED YOUR ADVICE.

gityup68

Loc.
Western Mass
The other night, was out for a ride with the bride. In the right lane, looking to go over to the left turn lane, 99.9% of time I check all blind spots, missed one, and a little freaking Hundi came screaming buy. Caught my front tire, 33" and all of my front bumper. As expected built Ford tuff, minamial damage to my bronco. I have to admitt I was scared to get out. Have put so much blood, sweat and well yep tears into the frame up. I have some minor damage to the grill, and the bumper is broke at the nut, but her car is all fuc^3d Up....Got to love it.

My question is my steering wheel was perfectly stright prior to the hit, not it is up and down, I also felt a bit of a jiggle on the drive home. I can only assume that the front end alignment is jolted. The steering wheel needs to be re-adjusted, I am ok with all of that. But upon futher review, I think the front steering stablizer may have taken a shot, but can not tell for sure, also concerned about the steering box. It was already rebuilt. I am taking it to a very top notch alignment shop tomorow, and wanted to get some input, as I am sure they are not use to dealing with EB. Also what about the correct toe-end and caster. I have a 1" body lift and 3 1/2 susp. lift. HELP???

blewbird77

Loc.
Lynnwood WA
almost the same thing

I was in the left lane moving into the center turn lane to turn into a driveway when a little honda changed lanes two cars back and came zipping up to make the light a half a block away,then stoping 100' past me. the officer at the scene wrote him a ticket for illegal use of turn lane. we had the same insurance and the adjuster said it was 60% my fault because i pulled in front of him. when i called the officer he said it wasn't my fault but that he didn't get to make that decision the Insurance Co. did. the only satisfaction I got out of this is that it opened up the side of that honda from the front wheel to the back like a can opener, and yes it bent my bumper at the bolt but that was all.:mad: glad i was driving the bronco

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
TELL the shop that it drove great perfect in every way ...It was all new thru out
not rebuilt .......some folks dont under stand EB world ........All you want is for it to drive as good as it did before the crash.........dont worry about hers it just a honda ........Get what you can then redo it afterwards.......