• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

paint strip disk for 4.5" grinder that works great

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
http://www.roarksupply.com/product-p/4.5cleanstrip.htm

I used my paint strip disk I received from these vendors on the site and was amazed at how fast and easy they strip with no heat created. They are about 100 times faster than my DA sander with 80 grit paper and require no pressure to remove paint. I am going to time how long it takes to strip my hood, fenders and grill and how many disk it takes. Pictures to come.

snipi

Loc.
Mesa
ive used a blue version off that, i picked up at home depot (cost twice as much as the one in the like)and it was great, just make sure that you wear eye protection cause eventually little pieces like to break off. thanks for the tip ill have to try one of those

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Rjrobin2002 where did you get those.. and I could not get your info or your post.. So Let me ask a question .. I'm about to strip a tractor.. motor chassis type frame work .. If these are fast will they work to prepare my Tractor .. I'd like something to use on the frame work .. I'll sand and scuff the fenders & tank area.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Papitt, he gave a link right in the thread. click on it.

With all the uneven surfaces of the tractor engine and chassis, I doubt that these would be very efficient. Now on the fenders, hood, and grille, they'd work great.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
BTW, they have free shipping this weekend. This is an email I got from them:

Hi Everyone! On Orders Over $29.90 you'll get FREE SHIPPING!

Starting Now until Tuesday, Sept 4th at 12 Noon.

Just pick your 'free shipping' option in the drop down box at Checkout.

Have a Great Labor Day!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What works even better/faster for a large area like a hood is the 7" version. Carborundum makes a version of the one posted in the above link. I've used it in my buffer and will also work in a grinder. As mentioned they do work great for paint removal but they are also great for removing seam sealer and rust. They also make them for use in a die grinder.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I looked for the 7" on Roark's site but did not see them, but I am glad to hear that an auto body expert like yourself uses them. That DA was going to take weeks to strip it down and probably burn up my compressor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I used these paint removers yesterday for my front clip and they worked great. 1 disk stripped 1 fender to bare metal to the point of it looking like chrome in about 15 minutes, the hood took 3 pads. All of my panels had multiple layers of paint on them also. Just wanted to give an update.