• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painting Small interior parts

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
I need to paint stuff like gas and brake pedals and housing, parking brake etc. I'm thinking trying that KBS Satin black. Don't have access to sand blast these parts and they're in pretty good shape to start with. I don't know if rattle can paint would be durable enough or give that smooth factory coating look. Any other suggestions?

wepuckett

If you follow the instructions and don't overspray in each phase of painting with rattle cans it will be smooth.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I use Rustoleum "Automotive" black for stuff like that.
It works for me but I'm not trying to do a original resto, just trying to freshen things up.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
If you follow the instructions and don't overspray in each phase of painting with rattle cans it will be smooth.

Rattle can works just fine. The trick is many light coats, and taping off for over spray.

My last one had wood grain vinyl on the dashboard. I removed it and used "Goof Off" to remove the residue. Painted with Rust-oleum.

It turned out very well I thought, and I'm kind of a "neat freak." Although my ex would always say "you got that half right." I guess she wasn't referring to the "neat"

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
A little more expensive but for "seen" parts I have been using the Rollbar & Chassis spray cans from the parts stores. It seems more durable for the items that will be hit with shoes, hands, etc.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Krylon satin black dry in about 10 min lite coats or it gets a little too much gloss wet sand and paint again near perfect Walmart you can get the big spray cans . I always bead blast never use primer and it never comes off .