• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Panel replacement

jrcBronco

Contributor
Loc.
Richmond, Virginia
I am looking at an early bronco that had the pans, sills and post replaced. Should I be concerned with any of this work? Does it look okay?
IMG_0919.jpeg
IMG_0918.jpeg IMG_0917.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Looking at the bed, I would take a real close look at the frame.

2023-05-04_141905.jpg

I see you have been looking since 2015, but I would not call this "clean".

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jrcBronco

Contributor
Loc.
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks for the reply. Shorty after I made the 2015 post I found a deal on an FJ40 I could not pass up. I restored the FJ40 and enjoyed that but have my heart set on an early Bronco. The frame looks good from pictures I received but an in person inspection will be made to verify. I was hoping to get some feedback from the Bronco experts to determine if the work that has been completed looks okay before I pursue it any further since it is a good distance from me.

Any feedback on the existing work is much appreciated.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
It's definitely not the most professional job I have seen, but I am the one who replaced those panels, so I guess I can say that :)

No rust under the bed frame, it had a bulkhead that trapped the moisture and rusted out that seam.

I think you called me earlier, I am working till this evening, feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.