• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parade Bronco!

70 sport WA

This year my EB was in the town parade...well, really the university's homecoming parade, but the town comes out and it's a fun time around here.

About a dozen administrators and deans ride in cars, but the people really come to see the floats and other things. There's a fair in the town square and everyone throws candy to the kids lined up on the main street.

Each year the local chapter of the Ford Thunderbird club provides the cars. Last year my car was a two seater...so it was just me and the driver, the family couldn't come along. This year I used my own car, the Bronco. My kids had a blast.

One dean uses his '70 Toronado and there's a 67 Mustang convertible in there, too (same year and color as mine, but mine's a hardtop coupe.) So I figured another Ford wouldn't spoil the show!

Attachments

• Parade.jpg
    Parade.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Parade cars.jpg
    Parade cars.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 78
  • Parade kids.jpg
    Parade kids.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 62

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's cute... I bet the little ladies, enjoyed that.. Thanks for sharing

dougyounger

Contributor
Looks good. If I thought my bronco would run well enough to drive in a parade, I could loan it to my fraternity to pull their float.

So, how's the West Texas A & M football team doing? Number 1 regional ranking, I see. My Gorillas are just a couple of spot behind you since we fell flat (which is being generous) against NW Missouri last weekend.

OP
OP
70 sport WA

70 sport WA

Doug, my friend...yes, the football team is doing well and would be cool to see a rematch against PSU in the playoffs. Lots of good teams out there and I might travel to one or two this year.

I was pleased at the performance in the parade :p Well, meaning that it didn't overheat, despite going about 3 miles per hour the whole route. It was about two miles long and the temp stayed at 190 for half of it, got up to 200 most of the rest, with the last little bit it got up to 210. Once we sped up to usual city speeds, the temp quickly dropped.