• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

parts needed to upgrade to 31 spline and BB

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
what parts are needed to change my SB 9" to a BB. I see chucks site has some BB weld on housing ends but what other bits and pieces are nessascery. also how much does the 31 spline conversion run ya? thanks. BTW starting on my BC 5.5 lift tonight i cant wait. any pointers would be nice also.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
prolly easier to find a BB housing and use it unless you have a jig to weld the ends on straight. I paid like $100 for a 77 bb housing frome JBG. To go 31 spl. you need a 31 spline carrier and axles.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
unless you have or know someone with the crrect jig to get the ends on straight they wont do you any good you can problably find a BB rear end for cheaper anyways as steveL stated a good set of axles will set you back at least $300 if you stay with an open carrier you could just change out the side gears for about $70 currie enterprises sells all kinds of 9in. parts check them out but since you want to do the upgrades you may as well put in some type of locker at the same time