• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pic Request - Original Manual Throttle Linkage and Dash Mounted Button

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Gang,

Really meant to say MANUAL THROTTLE. Darn fast typing...

Could someone provide me with a good pic of the factory hand throttle linkage and dash mounted button? Would like to see the cable attachment point on the throttle pedal. My rig originally came with this option (I believe it's a factory option) and I would like to reinstall one. I looked in the Ford manuals, but didn't find any. I also searched the message board but didn't find any detailed pics.

I know it's a trivial part, but I'm a sucker for originality ;D. I will be posting over on the WTB threads to buy a complete assembly (if anyone has one they'd like to part with!)

Thanks!!

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Here are some pics. I can't say for sure that my dash knob is in the factory location. I've swapped a few things around over the years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378252317644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378252317644.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 111
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378252401056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378252401056.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 105
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378252420145.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378252420145.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 103

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I can't say for sure that my dash knob is in the factory location. I've swapped a few things around over the years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4

It may have also varied from the factory. I had a '72 6 cylinder Bronco with the throttle control, but it was to the left of the steering wheel above the fuel selector switch.

OP
OP
tcb-1

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
There was a thread I was reading about fellow board member "House" who bought an all original '75 that had the throttle "button" to the left of the steering wheel, above the tank selector. I am thinking mine was in that location too, since there was a hole there at one time. I also looked under the dash for any "new" holes that may have been drilled for a bracket, but there was none. I'll try to find a pic of the throttle in question and link it to this thread.

Which leads me to another question, were these throttle linkages "factory" or "dealer installed"?

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Manual Throttle .

Picked up my setup from "delconick" on this site. Located south of Philadelphia PA. Give him a shout. He is very helpful with supplying early Bronco used parts. TIM:cool:

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
There was a thread I was reading about fellow board member "House" who bought an all original '75 that had the throttle "button" to the left of the steering wheel, above the tank selector. I am thinking mine was in that location too, since there was a hole there at one time. I also looked under the dash for any "new" holes that may have been drilled for a bracket, but there was none. I'll try to find a pic of the throttle in question and link it to this thread.

Which leads me to another question, were these throttle linkages "factory" or "dealer installed"?

Factory. On my marti as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
tcb-1

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
I thought it may be factory since it was on the original dealership order form I still have.

The previous owner installed an electronic tank selector valve toggle in the manual throttle location. Now I have two toggles, one for the tank valve and the other for the gauge. I'd like to wire the valve and gauge switch together; then that would free up the hole for a manual throttle again :)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I currently have a '69 with one and had a '68 with one. Both had the knob on the dash on the left of the steering column. It was located below the manual choke knob and above the fuel gauge selector switch.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Great timing on this I have been wondering the same thing. I have the cable looking for the parts that go on the pedal. Now I know where to put the control. Thanks

Last edited: