• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picked up my first Bronco..

JimmyDean

Loc.
Colorado Springs
and don't know squat about these haha. I have been looking for a 60s Jimmy and forgot that my uncle had a 75 Bronco in his back yard. Long story short, he told me to come get it. I don't know much about these but plan to get it to driving condition for now since I am in the middle of another restoration.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I power washed it and got the junk out of it this weekend. Would like to try and get it started this week. It ran when they parked it and I believe its all original.
Jimmy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 238
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 259

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Congrats on the Bronco! Looks like a fairly solid stock truck.
BTW the gas tank just behind the driver door is aftermarket.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Congrats, looks like a great start. Many here wish they started with one that good. Main thing is getting it running and driving. Have fun before you start tearing it down.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions as you get it up and going.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Sweet! Looks pretty original. You’ve got a great uncle! As others said get it safely running and driving. There’s a big contingent of bronco owners in Colorado. Might consider joining the Colorado classic bronco forum as well; they seem like a great bunch of guys. And if you decided to run a highly modified or rock crawler rig you could probably trade straight across for someone wanting an original.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Great find!!! Be sure and clean the gas tanks and lines before you try to run it!!! It may start but that can avoid a lot of problems!! Same with the brake lines!!!
Good Luck!!!;D;D;D

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Congrats on the Bronco. That one being your first, consider yourself way ahead! Looks very solid!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
ok give your UNCLE A 2ND HUG from all of us here on the Classic.
1ST YOU'VE FOUND THE NUMBER ONE SIGHT TO HELP YOU WITH A NEW BRONCO .
CONGRATS.
.. NOW .. Pa Pitt's 1st rule drive it for a year before ... Thinking you need to tear it down & DO a complete restro..
We see to many tear a Bronco down before they know what they want. .
.... After a year of reading every night .. You'll know what owning a BRONCO is all about .
... Do you want to cut the rear Q/Panels . or leave it org.. If you cut the quarters save them . Don't chunk them . Drive it for a year stock . ..These guys can fix anything .
& GO TO A COUPLE OF THE EVENTS IN YOUR AREA.

OP
OP
J

JimmyDean

Loc.
Colorado Springs
ok give your UNCLE A 2ND HUG from all of us here on the Classic.
1ST YOU'VE FOUND THE NUMBER ONE SIGHT TO HELP YOU WITH A NEW BRONCO .
CONGRATS.
.. NOW .. Pa Pitt's 1st rule drive it for a year before ... Thinking you need to tear it down & DO a complete restro..
We see to many tear a Bronco down before they know what they want. .
.... After a year of reading every night .. You'll know what owning a BRONCO is all about .
... Do you want to cut the rear Q/Panels . or leave it org.. If you cut the quarters save them . Don't chunk them . Drive it for a year stock . ..These guys can fix anything .
& GO TO A COUPLE OF THE EVENTS IN YOUR AREA.

THats exactly what I plan on doing.. just driving it for a while. Let my family enjoy it. I don't plan on cutting the quarters.. after my current project is finished in a couple years, we will see if I have an idea of what I would like to do with it.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Great i've been a member here for about 10+ years .. We see way to many new members get a BRONCO & TOTALLY DISASSEMBLE IT & THEN SCRAPE IT.