• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of fuel line routing for twin tanks and FI?

PDQ

Contributor
About to get my frame back while the body goes in for media blasting. Looking for any pics of how you ran your fuel lines along with return lines for fuel injection, oh and i'm hoping to keep both tanks. I have been working through the forum searches on how to do that (not looking at the transfer tank method as of now), but still looking for any visual clues as to how you have run your setups. Looking at an external pump as of now so any mounting ideas there are welcome as well.
I'll have a 1" body lift and a 23 gallon tank (not sure who's yet) so running them on top of the frame would be ideal, but again, I'm trying to wrap my head around the orientation with the two tanks, return line(s) and transfer valve.

Tall order I know but appreciate any help as always.

Jfryjfry

Ford has a switch valve for two tanks that switches both supply and return and fuel level. I don’t think it has provision for pump power so if you have pumps at the tanks, you’d need to switch that too.
Or you might be able to put an inline pump after the switch.

You would have to run return lines but they make adapters that you put online with the fuel filler hoses that dump the return back in the tank.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Google Pollak fuel selector valves plenty of options available,,theres also a diagram that gives a general schematic of wiring and fuel line routing they also switch gauge and fuel pump operation at the valve,,intank pumps would be ideal

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Any pics or descriptions of how anyone has mounted an external fuel pump for just the Aux tank?

And there was a steel 12 gallon aux tank that had a return line fitting built in that may have been around for a while...anyone know if you can still find one?

Pollak site was a help, thank you.