• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

pics of my new eb

mavereq

Bronco Guru
here she is: 1970, straight 6, 3 on the tree, dana 30 up front, drum brakes all around. the body is relatively straight. there's a little rust showing on the rockers. the driver's side door is out of whack. it's gonna take some tlc to get it driving the way i'd like. all in all i think it was a good find for under 5k.

03-06-09_1102.jpg

03-06-09_1101.jpg

03-06-09_1103.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Nice rig, buy it local or ebay?

4lofun

nice ,looking rig. looks like hinge issue of some sort?? if thats fresh paint, hope its not hiding to much. best of luck. we all here for you

Jonboy69

Yeah looks nice. As far as the door sag, looks like the hinges need to be rebuilt/resleeved. Bit of advise, make sure you mark their original placement on the door jams before removing them.

JEFF76P

Loc.
Palmyra, Virginia
Welcome, nice looking EB. sag could be due to door post, look insde your fender and see if there is any rust in the front of the door post.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Welcome to the board, a great place to get good advice. Looks like ou have a good start for the right price!

OP
OP
mavereq

mavereq

Bronco Guru
the paint is definitely not new. if you look closely at it it needs a lot of work. i originally thought that i might be able to adjust the hinges to bring the door flush but it looks like the door itself might be tweaked. the door seats fully on the bottom near the hinge and it looks like the door is warped where it's sticking out. meh, i'll get it figured out eventually.

my plan is to drive it as is for now. i have to swap the engine out in my mustang and once i'm done with that project i can do a little work on the eb. i'm gonna need to do a v8 swap very soon. i just need to find a good core to build and i'll do the work myself. i really want to swap to power steering and it looks like doing that along with the v8 swap is going to be the easiest. there is so much play in the manual steering box that it's a little scary to drive right now. i had my buddy turn the wheel back and forth while i was underneath looking and the play is definitely in the steering box.

it was definitely nice calling up usaa and getting 6 months of liability insurance for $50. i can get used to that.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Nice looking Bronco, welcome to the addiction. You'll find these are about like old Mustangs, very easy to work on and you can get everything you could possibly want aftermarket. Power steering and power brakes are the two best mods you can do right off the bat. How 'bout some pics of the Mustang?

Gitup73

Loc.
Northeast Ohio
Move over boys, and make room at the troft!!
Welcome. Sweet looking rig!! Wish mine was as good as yours to begin with.