• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pictures Request...Herculiner Installed

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I intended to have this thing sprayed with Bullhide, but the guy is screwing with me on price. Now I'm considering going to Checkers, buying a couple of kits of Herculiner, and going to town. I have heard people compare all the brands and this is what I can get my hands on now. I just want to see what it will come out looking like. Thanks!

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Heres how mine turned out. Im happy with it. Its kind of rough, if I ever do another one I might try one of the other smoother ones.

Attachments

• Next Phase011.JPG
    Next Phase011.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 80
  • Next Phase010.JPG
    Next Phase010.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Next Phase012.JPG
    Next Phase012.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 90
  • Next Phase013.JPG
    Next Phase013.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 83

Dan76

I agree with desert thrasher. Try and get a smoother one. The liner in my truck is alot rougher then my dad's and I really wish it wasnt so course it collects alot of dirt and scraps knees etc.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Did you guys spray it or roll it? I will say that Herculiner is rougher than a gravel road if you roll it, but it smooths out considerably when you spray it. I sprayed mine and it isn't near as rough as a guy I know that rolled it. Still, you don't want to drag knuckles across it.

spixican07

Loc.
Houston
mine is rolled, I like it a lot. its rough enough that things won't slide on it, which i think is a bonus.

also makes the engine compartment look real clean.

IMG_1107.JPG

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Try a raptor liner off of ebay, i just did mine and it looks great

Attachments

• DSC00194.JPG
    DSC00194.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00197.JPG
    DSC00197.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00196.JPG
    DSC00196.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 75

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I just did the Raptor in mine too, cost isnt much different from the herculiner and is a very nice texture. Definitely spray it if you can, you get a very nice consistent finish if you do. The other pics are of herculiner I rolled in my halfcab that came out well but its just too rough for me.

Oh and you can get the raptor in tintable for just a couple bucks more if you dont want black (you add whatever color you want)

Attachments

• linerherc2.jpg
    linerherc2.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 48
  • linerherc.jpg
    linerherc.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 71
  • liner3.jpg
    liner3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 78
  • liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 60

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I used Durabak on mine, rolled on, it too is alittle to course. The next time I do one I will probably use Durabaks smoother textured mix.

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I did the herculiner a few years ago. Rolled it on and was not too impressed. I rebuilding now and i'm in the process of removing the herculiner for something different. Notice how my PO patched the floor pan.

Attachments

• DSCN0929.jpg
    DSCN0929.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN1302.jpg
    DSCN1302.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 45

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
My herculiner is peeling like a sunburned redhead. the spots where I took the most care to prep the metal is just as bad, if not worse than where I didn't do much prep.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
mine is rolled, I like it a lot. its rough enough that things won't slide on it, which i think is a bonus.

also makes the engine compartment look real clean.

IMG_1107.JPG

Your engine compartment looks real clean. Not to hijack the thread but you need to lose your air cleaner that one has a tendancy to melt and go into your carb and engine.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used the u-pol one that goes with the Raptor kits typically for free. Most of the vendors give them with the kits, if not be sure to get the u-pol one with the Raptor...the Shutz ones arent the right size and the tube isnt long enough, dont ask how I know this %)

FWIW I used 5 quarts of the Raptor (I bought 2 kits), probably would have ony been 4 except for the issue I just stated :cry: . I plan to do the inside of my hard top white and my rear wheel wells black so the tintable is great, just add the color for the different uses. It comes out real close on the color match, just didnt want THAT much pink in it ;D

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
i had the duplicolor liner on there originally then i took a grinder to it and a wire brush and got most of it off, cleaned it real good and then sprayed it, its staying on there right now

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I did the herculiner a few years ago. Rolled it on and was not too impressed. I rebuilding now and i'm in the process of removing the herculiner for something different. Notice how my PO patched the floor pan.

Does that driver floor say Herculiner in it???

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Does that driver floor say Herculiner in it???

It's a license plate. When I pulled the carpet I found two on the floor pan and another two when I pulled my outer fender. He attached them to the door post using some kind of boddy putty. About 6" of the door post was gone.

Attachments

• DSCN0928.jpg
    DSCN0928.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0927.jpg
    DSCN0927.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Oh man. Previous owners are a trip. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about the 1/4" plate mine threw in with some wicked putty stuff and then welded the roll cage to. I know I'm carrying an extra 100 lbs of steel.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I found beer cans that appeared to JB Welded to the rear floors at the corners. Strange!

With as rough as my rig is, I may just end up rolling my own bed liner in. After looking at peoples Herculiner, I think it looks kind crappy. A friend used the Duplicolor and it looks pretty good in his Tacoma. He said itstarted to chip in places. If this happens, can you just reapply the stuff over the chipped area or do you have to remove a large portion and reprep?

I don't know what to do. Herculiner is still on sale, so I may just give it a shot and try. We'll see.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
I used the SEM spray on liner from Eastwood. Sprayed on super easy, great smooth finish.

Attachments

• floor 1.JPG
    floor 1.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 34
  • floor 2.JPG
    floor 2.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 37
  • floor 3.JPG
    floor 3.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 27
  • floor 4.JPG
    floor 4.JPG