• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pitman arm puller

TheLimeRanger

Does anyone have a specific brand/part number for a puller that fits? I'm pulling the PS gear out of my 74 and rented one from auto zone but neither size that came in the kit actually fits.

Thx

BRONCITIS74

I bought mine at Harbor Freight. I don't remember if there was more than one style, but mine worked perfectly. Good Luck.

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
ya mine didnt fit either....i had to grind the tabs down. The space in my 4x4x2 box between the box and the arm is verry narrow.

This. Also had to grind the inside of the puller a small amount to center over the shaft. Easier than grinding the sides of the pitman arm.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the box is out of the truck, you can use a bearing splitter in a press.

OP
OP
TheLimeRanger

TheLimeRanger

Ok so the Darth Vader helmet looking puller was too small too. Going to buy the spreader type and see if that's any better. If that doesn't do the trick I guess I'll take it off at the drag link.