• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible bronco opportunities

Ford4ever

Loc.
Charlotte
Hello, my name is Reid Hubbard and I live in North Carolina. I’m currently in high school and love to work on my 89 f150. I love first generation Broncos more then most and other car, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could go about finding a clapped out bronco that I can poor my time into?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SCOUR the local classifieds as well as market place....ask around....ya never know!

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
"poor my time into" the best 4 word description of Bronco restoration I've heard!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Search, Search and Search some more. Look everywhere, local craigslist ads, local papers, back yards, ask friends, and of course this sight.

There are still a few broncos that can be had for less than 20K. Dont know what your budget is but the days of picking up a driver for 5K are over. You can get a running rust bucket for around 10K maybe.

I have purchased broncos from all the places I listed, and one of the best ones I ever got wasnt even for sale. One key thing is to have the money ready to go. A deal may pop up and if you can be the first to show up with cash in hand you will have the best chance of getting one.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pour time and money from a big bucket
Good luck

OP
OP
Ford4ever

Ford4ever

Loc.
Charlotte
I’ve been looking all over eBay, craigslist, and marketplace for the last few months. Most of the Broncos I’ve been seeing are already restored, or are just completely rusted out. I’ll probably just have to keep looking until I find one in a barn somewhere😂! I’ll definitely check to see if local clubs have any knowledge on the subject.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I’ve been looking all over eBay, craigslist, and marketplace for the last few months. Most of the Broncos I’ve been seeing are already restored, or are just completely rusted out. I’ll probably just have to keep looking until I find one in a barn somewhere😂! I’ll definitely check to see if local clubs have any knowledge on the subject.

It'll take time to find that right deal these days

Welcome aboard as well!!

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Welcome.

Being patient and ready to pull the trigger will work in your favor. Look at as many as you can so you will know it when you see it. This will be a long term search so settle in. While waiting build up your mechanical, electrical, body, paint, welding and fab skills. Learn all you can ahead of time you will benefit greatly later. Reading in the tech section while help educate you as well.

Good luck in your search. In the meantime stay active here.