• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PA Possible Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Hello everyone. I'm putting out some feelers for a possible trade. I have my '74 Bronco Sport LUBR. I'm the second owner. I bought it from the original owner about 5 years ago. It went through an extensive frame on restoration in 1996. Part of the restoration was a complete engine rebuild, bored 40 over and balanced. I have all the paperwork on the engine rebuild. It has about 30K miles on the engine now. I recently installed BC Bronco headers and two into one exhaust. The motor also has extensive chrome accents. The body had most of the work. The floors were replaced with Dennis Carpenter panels, along with the inner fenders/kickpanels. The two rear quarters were replaced with donors and left uncut. This bronco's body is rust free. The paint still looks great but after 17 years, it is now showing some signs of a little bubbling around the wind shield frame, and a crack or two.

Since I've purchased it, I've added power steering and replaced all the front end bushings, tie rods, basically a whole new front end and steering. I also added a 6 point roll cage, retractable 3 point seat belts front and a soft top. I have the hard top that is in excellent condition. The Bronco was ordered with the special paint code with the top matching the black body. I've also installed 30 x 9.5" tires and a 2.5" WH lift. Rides really nice. Also recently installed a Tuffy center console and a Retrosound stereo with I pod jack input.

Some of the issues: there is a little rust on frame that should be repaired. It is not bad and the PO did do a repair but not to my liking. The left hand door could use new bushings in the hinge. The door sags a bit and has rub away some of the paint on the rocker. The transfer case leaks a little but not unlike any other transfer case in a 40 year old vehicle. I wouldn't even call it a leak, I've never had to refill the transfer case. Lets say it "sweats". LOL.

Why am I thinking of selling or trading? I've grown tired of mall crawling and car shows. I wheeled it for the first time this summer on green trails and had a blast. I want to wheel more. When I first got into this obsessions we know as EB's, I bought a beat up 76 that I wanted to build into a capable trail rig that was street legal. I found this one, bought it and sold off the 76. Taking this beautiful 74 LUBR on the trails is a crime. It is too nice and too original to cut, wheel or beat up.

What am I looking for? I'm looking for a capable trail rig that is street legal. I'm not looking for rust buckets though, or EB's with drive trains that need complete overall.

I need to get my "contributor" status paid up again so I can post some pics. You will find old pics without the lift and soft top in my gallery. Newer pics with the lift, etc can be found in my garage. Please PM me if you are interested in a possible trade or would like to see more pics. I have a ton of pics that I can email.

Last but not least, I forgot to mention that I have all the original paperwork on this bronco, including the window stickers, accessory sheet window sticker, original sales order written up by the dealer, the dealer brochure, and the original owners manual.

Thanks for looking.

Muskrat

Status
Not open for further replies.