• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Post Texas Wheelin Trip Pics

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Looks like you stood her up pretty good! I assume that the EFI just puuuuurd right along? Nice pics.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Some cool pic's thanks for showing them looks like some one had fun. :D :D :D Bill :cool: %) :p

OP
OP
RajinCajun

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
The Disco did great.. He got it at a great price only about $18k I think, and said he bought it to have fun.. But after watching us he has decided to use it as a tow rig and find a beater.. He scratched it his first trip out and got it over with...LOL! http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/ohv/album219/054_54
Click back and forth in that gallery to see the damage..

Yes the EFI did GREAT!!! It was great listening to it just idle at that angle while I waited for them to hang a strap on the right front and have two guys hold it as I went right up and over... That was an awesome feeling...

Thanks for the compliements on the old Bronco, I enjoy being the odd man out during most of these runs.. Mine is by no means the best looking, but I have a great time with it.. Some say TX wheelin is not like Moab, Tellico, etc... but it still gives me chills at 3MPH.. I will be hitting Katemcy this April, knock on wood...so I can get some pics of the Bronco insome rough stuff..

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
That looks like a good time. One of these days I want to come wheel with y'all out west. About half the time, my rig sits out at Cisco anyhow, so I'd only have to tow it half way! ;D

Look forward to seein ya at Katemcy, it's gonna be a blast.

If you can get a pass for next weekend, we're going to Gilmer (N chapter LEBC). C'mon out if ya can, drag some of the other Abilene guys along with ya, I know there's a few of y'all out there.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Where is this...Post, TX? I'll be a texas resident in a few months so I gotta get "in the know"!

J.D.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I crawled the creek bottom at the farm on Saturday night. Rocklights-a-blazin I made it through the easy side. I chickened out on the hard line, I want to be able to see when I attempt it, and have the tractor handy to right my rig when I flop it.

I wonder where that place was at near Cisco?

There should be a trip to De Leon here soon, I've never been there before either, but I doubt I'll be able to squeeze it into my wheeling budget this year.

After Gilmer, I'm tearing into the Bronc again. Lots to get done before Katemcy!

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
That's some wild terrain out there. EFI or propane are on my "to do" list. Love those pics of the EB sitting there begging..lol

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
this ain't kansas no more!

were are you moving to in texas ...and were do you find ouy about these events in texas ....i dont quess i've ever look at that event calander
any other ..thanks
PA PITT

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Pap,

Pack up yer junk, and head for Gilmer with us next weekend. It'll be a good time. It's one of the Houston guys' bachelor party too, so I think it will turn into a pretty wacky weekend.

PM me, and I'll shoot you my cell #. I'm planning to run out there on Friday night, and wheel all day Saturday, come home Saturday night.

OP
OP
RajinCajun

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
The Cisco property is currently a dead issue.. The land owner has leased the land to hunters, and he doesn't seem to be eager to contact them and help us out. The last time we had a trip scheduled(first real trip), and it rained some, and the land owner called and said I don't want anyone on the roads... We said no problem and have pretty much written it off..

Post is about 40 miles South of Lubbock, we go to San Angelo to Twin Buttes and will be hitting Katemcy here soon.. Also the Ozona property is about 190 miles South of us and we are planning to hit that too. Oh, almost forgot Aspermont is about 48 miles North of Abilene..it is river bed running in the rocks...lots of slow fun..

Post is by far the best place we have for the price..and even a stock rig can have fun, and then again there are some fun places for those of us that are a little more modified..but still learning.. I am ready to hit Katemcy, I have been putting it off because of my small 28 spline axles and mini spool.. But I have finally decided that would be a great place to break...LOL!!

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
i think i built the mcdonalds in post texas a few years ago, wish i knew that kinda wheelin was around there i was bored to death in that town!

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
RajinCajun said:
I am ready to hit Katemcy, I have been putting it off because of my small 28 spline axles and mini spool.. But I have finally decided that would be a great place to break...LOL!!

Hey Rajin I am planning to head to Katemcy again this year. I went last with STOCK 28 spline, 3.50 gears, LS in the rear and was ale to hold my own till I blew the passenger side U-joint. I will prolly skipp the next few Post runs to make sure my rig is ready for Katemcy cause after last year I wouldn't miss it for the world!!

OP
OP
RajinCajun

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Cool man, I hope to have my camper there too with the family.. Maybe we will have to get together with the other Bronco owners and have a Bronco fest..LOL!! I am raring to go...LOL!!