• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PRAY AND HANG ON.....................

77beast

Loc.
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
RUNNIING A 77 WITH A "Y" LINKAGE. AT 65 NOT BAD A LITTLE BUMP HERE AND THERE. BUT AROUND 85 OR SO, WELL COULD BE BETTER THAN 90 BUT ANYWAY. WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO BESIDES GOING SLOWER, CAUSE THAT WONT HAPPEN, TO GET BETTER STEERING.<br>LINKAGE IS TIGHT BUT IS THERE SOMETING BETTER TO USE, DOES HAVE A 3.5 LIFT, MAYBE A PITMAN DROP ARM..<br>LET ME KNOW.<br><br>THANKS<br><br>JOE<br><br>

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
:eek: ::) God help us if we got to slow down. ::)

you might be better finding a vett or something. Its the nature of the beast.

OP
OP

77beast

Loc.
JEEPSTER:<br><br><br>THERE HAS GOTN TO BE SOMETHING, I HAVE HAD THE 77 SINCE 79. THE TRUCK HAS NEVER WANTED TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT. HAS FAR AS THAT VET THING, CANN'T YOU BE KICKED OFF THE SITE FOR EVEN THINKING CHEVY

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
TAKING CAPS OFF MAY HELP.<br><br>OR A TRAC BAR DROP BRACKET.<br><br>

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=77BEAST link=board=5;threadid=9214;start=0#65852 date=1032307584]
HAS FAR AS THAT VET THING, CANN'T YOU BE KICKED OFF THE SITE FOR EVEN THINKING CHEVY
[/quote]

hahahahaha.......yea but they let me in with a name like "jeepster" hahahahahaha

I'm sure Jon's real proud of that fact. ;D

OP
OP

77beast

Loc.
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=9214;start=0#65853 date=1032307729]<br>TAKING CAPS OFF MAY HELP.<br><br>OR A TRAC BAR DROP BRACKET.<br><br><br>[/quote]I tryed taking the caps off and it doesn't steer any better.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Whats the speed limit in NJ? Freeway here is 60, and 70 in rural areas. 90 :eek:? after you roll and total it, I'm looking for some interior parts. <br><br>I am a ford truck guy all the way, but I've had some chevy CARS I liked ;). <br><br>I have heard/read about a different steering set up that lowers and parallels the components, it is supposed to help the bumpsteer thing.

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
Steering stabilizer, ball joints, rear leaf spring poly bushings, new front end poly bushings. I had a 77 no drop bracket or drop pitman and it was great till the ball joints bushings and steering box got sloppy.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I'll freakin take a vette anyday!!<br>2002, silver Z 06 405 HP, 6 spd gearbox!<br>You'd have to be silly backwards to deny that!<br>You'd have to pay 3x that in any other car mfg to meet/beat the performance of that car.<br>What's for got? Mustang? And a sports car with a solid rear axle?? Oiii ::)<br><br>Oh yeah, Sorry to steal the thread<br> I've just always wanted a vette - I don't practice automobile segragation

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
BE CAREFUL YOU MIGHT END UP BACK IN THE FUTURE! ::)<br><br><br><br>OH Yeah caps lock on your keyboard DUH!!!! ;D

OP
OP

77beast

Loc.
Speed limit in nj is 65 but when other car are blowing by my foot goes out of control and hits the gas. As far as rolling at those speeds, your life would not even have time to flash before your eyes......<br><br><br><br><br>CAPS ON, caps off.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Well lets see look at it like Nascar, put full width axles on it, as wide a tire you can fit and as small a dia you can live with, just lower the body a little, full roll cage her a built 351C with twin turbos, a little nitro and if you cant pass it, go over it and as you go over the vet drip a little oil on er

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
Go to BCBronco web site and buy the f150 steering likage and do the tie rod over convertion then set the cruize at 110. Slow poke!

OP
OP

77beast

Loc.
Jumped under the truck last night to check out the pitman arm and fro a drop for the track bar and found the tie rod on the drag link has some play in it. Checked out prices on the drag link at abot $175 to $190 and thought I might replace the whole mess with that tube style linkage, I think I had seen it on Jeff's web site. Has anyone seen or used it..<br><br><br>Thanks<br><br>Joe

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=9214;start=#66253 date=1032404097]<br>Go to BCBronco web site and buy the f150 steering likage and do the tie rod over convertion then set the cruize at 110. Slow poke!<br>[/quote]<br><br>110? isn't that where you usually shift from 1st to 2nd?<br><br>If anyone ever sees an F350 with a 20' goose neck loaded with a Blue 75 bronco going down the road at well over 100mph..... It's RULEBREAKER. ;D<br><br><br>Check this website out for a killer steering setup.<br>Performance Unlimited Steering