• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Price of a bare original frame?

dezertbronco

Have a bare 77 frame with title in California my dad wants to get rid of, no glove box, frame has early WH dual shock loops welded on, what is something like this even worth?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
If you have the title (pink slip) then you can have Marti re-pop the vin tag. A number of years ago my buddy bought a 68 frame, title, vin Tag for $1000.

I am sure it is considerably more now, but being a 77 in California, it would still be subject to bi-annual smog inspections here. Not an issue in other states...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
'77 in CA is pretty worthless due to smog requirements. However, to an out of state buyer, it would be worth quite a bit. Velocity Restorations in Florida pays up to $7,500 for frames with titles.

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
'77 in CA is pretty worthless due to smog requirements. However, to an out of state buyer, it would be worth quite a bit. Velocity Restorations in Florida pays up to $7,500 for frames with titles.
They give you $7500 torwards a velocity frame.. they just want your VIN.

chuck1022

Have a bare 77 frame with title in California my dad wants to get rid of, no glove box, frame has early WH dual shock loops welded on, what is something like this even worth?
Did you sell it. I have been looking for a 77 frame

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma
They give you $7500 torwards a velocity frame.. they just want your VIN.
I give up. What good is their frame without a VIN/title? I suppose someone might have a second rig to sacrifice for a solid frame on the keeper. Or maybe to be left with a trail only rig. Seems few and far between for legit uses. Fraudulent/duplicate VINs seems more likely.

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
If you have the title (pink slip) then you can have Marti re-pop the vin tag. A number of years ago my buddy bought a 68 frame, title, vin Tag for $1000.

I am sure it is considerably more now, but being a 77 in California, it would still be subject to bi-annual smog inspections here. Not an issue in other states...

Just to clarify - the glove box tag is a warranty tag, it's not a VIN tag. That's why Marti can legally reproduce them.

The official VIN is stamped on the frame.

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
As a California buyer I would give you $1000 even though it's not smog exempt but as other have said it's worth more to out of state buyers.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I give up. What good is their frame without a VIN/title? I suppose someone might have a second rig to sacrifice for a solid frame on the keeper. Or maybe to be left with a trail only rig. Seems few and far between for legit uses. Fraudulent/duplicate VINs seems more likely.

I know someone who built an EB from scratch using a TDK frame and Shannon's Broncos body. He ended up titling is as a 2022 kit car build. Probably affects any resale value as an authentic EB, but if he's planning on keeping it forever, he doesn't really care.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Shameless post. I still have my 73 frame with the glove box door, and WITH warranty plate. And I have verified the frame stamped #'s to match the paper title #'s and the glove box door plate. This frame is still driviable....jeffncs WAS interested but he decided he needed 2 basket cases instead and still needs ONE title. Hang in there Jeff.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/c...-and-parts.1004304/page-2#convMessage-1012344

No major modes to the frame to get the Bruggy body on it. Sawzall it right back off....Has a 85 302 rebuilt, cam, 33's, Sag p/s. J shift xfer case. I have enough "Bro-jects" and this one needs to go.

Attachments

• B 1.JPG
    B 1.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 29
  • B 3.JPG
    B 3.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 29

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I know someone who built an EB from scratch using a TDK frame and Shannon's Broncos body. He ended up titling is as a 2022 kit car build. Probably affects any resale value as an authentic EB, but if he's planning on keeping it forever, he doesn't really care.
What state was this kit car registered in?