• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pricing advice

dhendriksen

I’ve got a “barn find” 1971 Bronco Sport that I think I’m going to sell as I don’t have time to do much with it. I’m hoping for some price guidance.

It’s got quite a bit of rust in all the usual places. Bone stock with the 302 - but has installed a hurst shifter on the floor (still has the 3 on the tree in the box). Has hard top, soft top and bikini top. It was on Jack stands and the battery removed - I inflated the tires, siphoned out and replaced the gas and it fires right up. ODO says 63k miles and I suspect it’s turned over once. Everything works - the guy drove it in to the storage unit 10 years ago.

Any ideas what I should price it at? The body isn’t dented at all, but has the rust issues. Clean title and all that. All the vin numbers matched.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
A half dozen pictures would really help with a guesstimate... You can become a 'contributor' for $12 and post pictures directly to the site, or you can post up a link to the pictures..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Where are you located @dhendriksen ? location say if you was CA, would make price go up some, folks like their stuff out there haha

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
$10-20k.. maybe the typical rust spots can detract from the value Others can chime in. I could be way off`

Eoth

Bronco Guru
34K was a good offer around here.... As is, I think that 20K is respectable. Its not hard to find a Bronco with rust issues to fix.

OP
OP
dhendriksen

dhendriksen

34K was a good offer around here.... As is, I think that 20K is respectable. It’s not hard to find a Bronco with rust issues to fix.
It felt like a good/fair offer to me. They’re very difficult to find around here. Cheapest one on our local classifieds is $59k.

scoutingranch

If you got offered 34K you are golden. Never forget the old saying, "whatever rust you see it's much worse where you can't see" Or, something like that.
People have lost their friggin' financial minds over these ill handling things. Take the money and run.

OP
OP
dhendriksen

dhendriksen

If you got offered 34K you are golden. Never forget the old saying, "whatever rust you see it's much worse where you can't see" Or, something like that.
People have lost their friggin' financial minds over these ill handling things. Take the money and run.
Yeah, I might. I'm going to play around with it a little bit.