• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pro Comp ES3000 shocks

charvey9

Loc.
Beaverton, OR
I use them, 2 at each corner.

Considering the worn out crappy shocks I upgraded from they were a huge improvement at a budget price, however I can't say exactly to how they would compare to bilsteins or other high end brands.

I was really surprised at the improvement in ride and handling when I added the dual shock kits at each corner. If you are thinking of upgrading your shocks, I'd reccommend installing the dual shock kits at the same time.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I had some on a 95 jeep YJ that rode like a board but most likely due to leaf springs all the way around. Stick with the Duff's for cheaper shocks.

On a side note...I just drove my 77 for the 1st time with 5100 series Bilsteins & I'm not sure what the big deal is. I was expecting something much better than the Duff's but to me it was about the same! Maybe they'll seem better eventually???? I hope so %) But 1st impression is so-so..........

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Thanks Louie, I was wondering how much better the Bilsteins are compared to the Duffs. Have you installed a lift on the 77 yet etc. ?

Louie

Bronco Guru
Yeah that's with a new WH 2.5" lift. BTW...the Bronco is green :eek: :eek:

RH

Ive run procomps on my F-350, wont make that mistake again. They didnt last 6 months.