• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Sixtysick - D20 Rebuild, finished.. but

sixtysick

Loc.
Columbia, MO
I finally finished my dana 20 rebuild. Everything went ok, except I can't get the rear to turn when in low. I had trouble getting the new input shaft from Advanced Adapters in the rear output shaft with the 13 needle bearings... that is without them falling out of their little groove. Eventually I just bolted everthing together with them in place. The Advanced Adapters input shaft has grooves in it where the stock input shaft has a smooth area for the needle bearings to ride on... I believe that is what is hanging me up.

So do I just run 2H 4H and RHFL... then try the rear and front in low when I have the engine hooked up and see if it breaks loose? Right now with it in 4L is is locked and won't turn freely.

Any suggestions?