• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Tgure #2 Quick Fix

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Well I figured one frame up was not enough so decided to pull the body off the frame on my 74 as well. The plan is to do the least amount as possible to make this a decent rig for resale to fund my 69.

I am replacing fuel lines and wiring, undercoating the body and slapping the new tub back on to paint it and spray in a bedliner. Time frame for completion is one month from now. %)

Here is a before shot, the frame with body off and the new tub.

I made up a few patch panels due to the previous owner of the tub cutting them out for some reason. There is no rust on this tub so I want to spray undercoating on the underneath. Do I need to clean the old stuff off or can I just scrape off the loose stuff and coat over it? ;D

Attachments

• DCP00945-1.JPG
    DCP00945-1.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Just wire brush everything loose and wash the grease and oil of with wax and grease remover and you should be good to go. Go to a autobody supply store and ask for " RUST- FRE " by the gallon. It comes in black or tan ( buy black ) and spray it on with a rocker shutz gun. Way cheaper that way. :)