• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Protecting tires from the sun

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Unlike my car which will get its tires replaced when the old ones are worn down, the Bronco seems to loose tires due sidewall damage or what appears to be dry rot. What is the best protectant to keep the UV rays away? I don't care how shiny they look, as long as they are protected. Thanks.

OP
OP
malonejy

malonejy

Bronco Guru
not to be a smart ass but the best protectant is shade
I set myself up for that one.:) I've heard of the 303 before and I'll have to give it a shot. I looked on the web and it should also be great for the bikini top. Would probably be great for the new soft tops that recently have been coming out also.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
body shop tire covers work well too & are cheap enough. not the prettiest, but effective.

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-10511-8090-heavy-duty-canvas-wheel-maskers-set-of-4.aspx?s_kwcid=wheel%20maskers|2993821805&gclid=CMXEjdup-5YCFQO2FQod3E_UZA

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
tires

I had been told that when tires are driven on, the stretching of the rubber release oil that keeps them from drying out, but when the vehicle does not move they dry out and crack. I dont know this to be fact though.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I had been told that when tires are driven on, the stretching of the rubber release oil that keeps them from drying out, but when the vehicle does not move they dry out and crack. I dont know this to be fact though.

Your theory sounds valid to me, but 303 is still my vote. That stuff is awesome on rubber and vinyle.