• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Protofab Bumpers Painted and Installed!!! What do you think?

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Hello-

Just looking for a little feedback on what everyone thinks about the bumpers and more importantly, what you think of the color? They are not as "Silver" as I'd hoped (if that makes since). I was looking for a little more brighter silver with heavier metal flake.

If this color grows on me, I'm going to paint the flares to match.

Attachments

• Front Bumper.JPG
    Front Bumper.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Front Bumper Right.JPG
    Front Bumper Right.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Rear  Bumper.JPG
    Rear Bumper.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Rear Bumper Left.JPG
    Rear Bumper Left.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Rear Bumper Side.JPG
    Rear Bumper Side.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 124

jimmymac

Looks great. Hope you don't mind I'm printing a picture for my bud. See if he can make me one.

horseman

I like the look kinda looks like brushed aluminnim it really goes well with your
paint!

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Hey Bowhunter I think the color looks great, one question is that front bumper made for a body lift or no. I know that protofab makes one for a body lift I was just wandering what changes are made if they make it for a body lift. Thanks 69sport

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Hey Bowhunter I think the color looks great, one question is that front bumper made for a body lift or no. I know that protofab makes one for a body lift I was just wandering what changes are made if they make it for a body lift. Thanks 69sport

These are the "no" body lift bumpers - get a hellofa deal from a guy here in Tulsa that actually needed the bumpers with the body lift.

think it looks good with the green. BTW, how rough do those tires ride on the 18" rims?

Actually - the truck drives extremely well on these tires and wheels. You would never know they were 18's by the ride.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
I want to see a photo of the underside of this bumper between the frame rails. On the bottom where the 45* angle comes in toward the frame does the metal end after the slope? If so wouldn't it get hung up on rocks or does the bumper continue under the truck (frame rails) further axcting like a skid plate?
I've seen too many bumpers stuck on a rock. Its almost like a hand grabbing onto a rock and will not let go. Can't be pull backwards, only forwards.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I like 'em alot. Wish I could dish the money out for a set.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
I made one close to it but kept the outer bottom angles shorter for more ground clearance. Uh... well here's an old photo just sitting on the frame rails just after making it a few months back. Its not quite sitting right but you can get the idea...

I used 2x8 box tube on top of the frame rails since I have a 2" body lift. It filled up the gap well. Then added the bottom side supports on both sides of each frame rail extending out to a 45* for a front skid plate.