• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pulled from the jaws of death - A Bronco Christmas

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My brother called an said his boss had a 69 Bronco that was heading to the junk yard. It was drivable when it was parked a few years ago and runs if you dump gas in the carb. Its a 302 3 speed with a clear title and is 1200 miles away. No idea of what condition it is in but for $75... Should have some pictures tomorrow. Road Trip!!!

Update - My brother has pictures but no internet access at the folks place. He said that that the tires have air and it was drivable until the gas tank failed. It is uncut and not too banged up but the body and tub are in "pretty bad shape". The title matches the frame and glovebox. The frame is straight and "not too rusty". He may use the top to make a 3/4 cab for his 73 and use some of the emblems. I may grab the hood and tailgate. If it is truely a stock restoration candidate we will leave it in tact. Other than that it will probably be available to a good home. I may go back and help him retrieve it next week. I'll photo document it well see if anyone is interested. I'll post his pictures when I get them. Just couldn't bear seeing it go to the crusher.

Update - Finally got the pictures. Paid $75 to match the junk yard's offer.

Attachments

• Bronco (1).jpg
    Bronco (1).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Bronco (2).jpg
    Bronco (2).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Bronco (3).jpg
    Bronco (3).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 275
  • Bronco (5).jpg
    Bronco (5).jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 380
  • Bronco (10).jpg
    Bronco (10).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Bronco (9).jpg
    Bronco (9).jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Bronco (6).jpg
    Bronco (6).jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Go!

Hey, I made a 13,000 mile round trip to get mine (Anchorage to New Orleans, with a divert to PA so wife could visit parents), and I bet this one is in better shape than mine after Katrina. Of course mine has sentimental value, but 2,400 miles and a cool story would be worth it.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, I made a 13,000 mile round trip to get mine (Anchorage to New Orleans, with a divert to PA so wife could visit parents), and I bet this one is in better shape than mine after Katrina. Of course mine has sentimental value, but 2,400 miles and a cool story would be worth it.

I'll be heading back that way for Christmas anyway. It is only about 50 miles from my folks place. I'm anxiously waiting for the pictures from my brother tomorrow. I'll post em when I get em.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
for $75 how could you possibly say no! Considering I've sold over $1200 in parts off my $5000 rig as I've been working on it, this is far too good to pass. 1200 miles from Colorado eh? Would that be to the west? If you pass on this let me know!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I'd have to say go for it as well. I bought a bronco in South Dakota for 255.55. Turned out it was a 77 tub on a 69 frame with 302/3.03 manual trans/dana 20 t shift/dana 30 and 9". Tub is rough from the strikers forward. No title or glove box door. Per the previous owner, it was headed for the crusher when he bought it.

Anyway, my Dad and I made the trip to pick it up, hung out in Rapid City for a couple of days and also made a trip to Devils Tower on my Mom's birthday (we spread her ashes there in 2006). It was worth the trip for the bronco, but more worth the time I spent with my Dad.

John

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1200 miles from Colorado eh? Would that be to the west? If you pass on this let me know!

Unfortunely, it's east. Back in the land of winter salt. Close to its place of birth. I'm not expecting much and if we decide not to restore it, I'll post it on this site.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Post up if you pass, because I'll bet there is someone local that would go get it. Dave's bro - let's see those pics!!

J.D.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pictures

Got the pictures from my brother. Stuck them on the origional post. Pretty rough but I've seen worst.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks like a good parts bronco:cry: ... I bet you will get your money back on that..;D

I need the dash board, instrument cluster, door hardware, and it looks like that dash pad is in pretty good shape. We'll pull usable parts and send the rest to the jaws of death. It does actually run pretty good and is drivable (I've been told). If someone local is interested we'll make you an awsome deal. I didn't expect much for $75 but you never know. A local recycler is paying $50 a ton. I'll bet those bumpers weigh 500 lbs.;D