• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Put my old exhaust system in the garbage or...?

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Never know, someone might want the old headers on Ebay. I'd scrap the rest unless you think someone could use it.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I sold my old rusty headers for $50 in the classified section here. The rest went in the dumpster at my apartment complex. Funny thing is a couple days after I threw the exhaust in the dumpster someone had taken it before they had a chance to dump the garbage. One man's garbage is another man's treasure I guess.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
If you don't have thoughts of making money on the parts --- Offer them up in a post to another member. They could just pay the shipping or pick them up from you.

Isn't throwing away Bronco parts a "SIN" ------------ Just Kidding !

tsmustangs

Loc.
All Over
I'd watch your new exhaust. If you do a lot of idling it could heat that U joint up and cause the greese to liquify and be throw out. I've seen that done before. Just a thought

Terry

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
tsmustangs said:
I'd watch your new exhaust. If you do a lot of idling it could heat that U joint up and cause the greese to liquify and be throw out. I've seen that done before. Just a thought
Terry
Thanks!
I might put on one of these Heat shields from Thermotec that you can get at Summit. (I have them on my trail rig where the exhaust is close to the fuel line).

Attachments

• heatshield.jpg
    heatshield.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
ken75ranger said:
I'd try to sell them. If they only have surafce rust Jet-hot can sandblast them and coat them.
OK Thanks
I'll inspect them more closely for possible resale, but I'll pitch all the pipes I guess.