• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Q's about LizardSkin

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
I want my Bronco to be as tight as possible and I am wanting to keep the sound to a minimum so I am leaning towards the elastomeric coatings.

1. Is LizardSkin a tough undercoating material?
2. Will 300º protection be enough for my 5.0 with JBA headers and MagnaFlow exhaust?
3. Is there a similar product that is better priced?

TIA

backpain

Bronco Guru
Happy reading. There are a few competitors out there. Give Lizard a call - I've talked to them. Talk to one of the tech/designer guys. The guy I spoke with was one of the chemist/product designers. Very honest about its capabilities, etc. I laughed when he tried to talk to me about VOC's of other products like I had an IQ of 20. Nevertheless, I think it holds up pretty well. I'd still top coat it in the interior if it's not going to be covered by carpet. Prolly OK on the underside though. Heat blocker first, then sound blocker (if you want both)

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/alternative-lizard-skin-103610.html

I wish you were local; I need someone to have Lizard Skin day with and share 2x 2 gal containers.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Actually, I believe he is local. Tomball if I'm correct. I'll be doing the lizard skin as well but need to get paint on first. Can't put paint on 'til I get all panels on and straightened out.... blah, blah...

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
actually alan, scott and i put the lizard skin on before he had his painted. it came out real nice and holds up to the heat just fine. he has 5.0, BC headers, AOD, magnaflow exhaust.

OP
OP
collinbrewer

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
Backpain, I am pretty darn local. I am in Huntsville, TX.

Even if I couldn't get the ol' girl in your area for a Bronco day I would definitely be willing to go halfsies on the LizardSkin. I want both Ceramic and Sound Control but I'm not going to need 4 gallons.

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

backpain

Bronco Guru
Backpain, I am pretty darn local. I am in Huntsville, TX.

Even if I couldn't get the ol' girl in your area for a Bronco day I would definitely be willing to go halfsies on the LizardSkin. I want both Ceramic and Sound Control but I'm not going to need 4 gallons.

PM me if you're interested.

Will do. Anyone alse interested locally, respond here. We can have a spray day!

backpain

Bronco Guru
where in houston are ya backpain?

288/beltway. It doesn't have to be at my house, although I am certainly willing. I'll need to figure out trailering if not, because I'll likely spray with my dash out or partially disassembled.

Last edited:

uncle ray

lizard skin is not very durable. it should be covered with carpet, trim panels etc. it's not a bed liner, that's for sure!