• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question about value

Wendy1976

Hi guys. Getting divorced and I got the Bronco that used to be my grandparents. They bought it when I was born, so we are the same age. Ex husband did some work on it and now I don’t want to keep it for the sentimental link to my grandparents because it reminds me of him. Locals are interested but I don’t know what it’s worth.
What should price be?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282462

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hi Wendy,

Welcome and Sorry to hear of the big D. a lot of price range depends on your area as well. A $5k bronco in Midwest would go for $10k in CA probably.

Runs good, rust spots, etc? gather some more pics of door frames, engine compartment, etc..

Good luck

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
With some patience you can get 20-21k. A quick sale would bring 15-16k

boonz28

Hi Wendy,
Sorry to hear about the divorce and the negative emotions attached to the bronco now.
Its hard to put a value on your bronco based off the one picture and description given.
If everything is in good working order, no rust issues, ect, i think somewhere in the 15-20k range sounds about right. 15k would probably get it sold relatively quickly if its in good shape and you listed it on here.
If you asked 20k you might eventually find a buyer but i wouldn't have any expectations about it happening too quickly.
I don't know what the current market looks like in NM but as SPRDV said the early bronco market is really good in California right now, yours being a '76 means that it has to be smogged here though which to me reduces its value a little over a '75 or older which would be smog exempt.

Good luck with the sale and in life! :)

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Burn some sage around-and-in the bronco to get rid of the bad husband vibes. Tape a picture of your grandparents to the dash so you can see them and go for a drive. After the drive, if you don't have a smile on your face, then sell it.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Years ago I sold a Bronco when I got married. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. I miss that Bronco now, and think about it often, but I don’t think about the “ex” at all. Broncos are like that....... Give it a little time. I bet you change your mind about selling.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
With some patience you can get 20-21k. A quick sale would bring 15-16k

I just don't see it, EVEN though someone might would pay that now a days, Never gonna happen for this boy LOL :D

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Sorry to hear of the situation and welcome to the site. Despite the negative attachment to it, I'd park it, tarp it and set the situation off the to side for a while. Unless you need the money pronto of course. If you keep it, consider it an investment. I'm not sure the husband connection would trump the grandparent connection, but everyone knows what's best for their situation. There's a couple of similar broncos in the OKC craigslist that have been listed in the $20-25k range, and have been for sale for months. Be careful with Ebay should you go that route. Best bet will be to list it here once you determine a price.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Too bad you feel about your Bronco this way. Just depends on how fast you want to get rid of the Bronco. 15 K probably pretty quick. 20 K maybe next June when when everyone is in the summer mood.

I don't understand the emotional separation. Your Ex use to hold your hand but you don't go cutting your hand off. Once the Grandparents rig is gone, its gone. Not to keep it in the family is a shame.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Having rescued a family heirloom from a divorce wouldn't you want to keep it?
Once it is gone that connection to your family is gone with it.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Sell it and move on. Unless it is the type of vehicle you will use. I am sure you have more valuable memories of your Grandparents. Use the proceeds towards something you can use that is practical or that you need. And the truck will only drop in value if it sits and rots.. Put it on ebay with lots of pictures and it will sell..