• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Race rig ideas

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
So, I am sitting here away from home watching the snow fall with nothing better to do...

We are building a race rig and have a few thoughts that I'd like some input on.

The truck is being built on a budget and according to the rules for a class A rig. The class is along the lines of being stock, but allows for some mods to be done. For those that care, rules are here:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZWNvcnMuY29tfHRpdGxlfGd4OjJjOTYzZGJjOGUwNjJiZmU

Right now I am pondering using F150 rear leafs vs a 10 pack EB style leaf. Main reason is that my spring perches are already cleaned off and that it would be a lot easier to find replacement springs instead of having to order them. Any thoughts from those that may have done it or considered it?

Next, I'd love to see any ideas for trussing the front or rear axles. Not for links, but for strength. Seen a few threads on here, but not many..

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
I appreciate the link. Same basic idea as what I will be building. It has a few things on it I am looking at for ideas.