• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

radiator support angled at the top towards the firewall?

3broncos

Loc.
mission, BC
Hi,I have started the restoration of my 73 and am measuring everything before I start drilling spot welds out. The left front corner had been hit so I'm not sure if the radiator support is suspose to angle towards the firewall at the top or be straight up and down. I will try to attach some photos so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks,
Roy

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpg
    IMG_5152.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5153.jpg
    IMG_5153.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5154.jpg
    IMG_5154.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 61

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a better view...

Attachments

• 3broncos1.jpg
    3broncos1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 3broncos2.jpg
    3broncos2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 3broncos3.jpg
    3broncos3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 48

Rumcustom

If you’re talking about this area circled in red in my photo, yes it’s bent. It should be straight across. It doesn’t look bad though. Something like that could be straightened out pretty quickly.

Attachments

• 720861EF-0997-4629-9628-FD19F0E5EEE7.jpg
    720861EF-0997-4629-9628-FD19F0E5EEE7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 48

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thinks he's talking about the overall angle itself. Pretty sure it should be straight up and down. Mine is.

Attachments

• 3broncos4.jpg
    3broncos4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 39

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since all his pictures show the right side, I have no idea what he's talking about. FYI, the ENTIRE core support is angled back towards the firewall at the top, but the actual core support is flat. One side isn't closer than the other.

Attachments

• apron.jpg
    apron.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
3broncos

3broncos

Loc.
mission, BC
Hi, Yes what I was asking is that the top of the rad support is angled back towards the firewall. If I measure from the firewall to the top edge of the rad support straight across the measurement is less than if I measure from the firewall to the bottom of the rad support straight across. The bronco was hit slightly in the left front corner so I wanted to confirm if it was pushed back or from the factory it was leaned back.
Also, thanks for straightening my photos. I remember reading about how to turn them somewhere but couldn't find the info.
On another note I just picked up 2 OEM doors from a guy that had been squirreling them away for 10 years.
Thanks,
Roy

OP
OP
3broncos

3broncos

Loc.
mission, BC
Welcome by the way!

Thanks. I've been lurking for a long time. I was over at the full size bronco site when I was restoring my 78 bronco and have had the 73 sitting there waiting for 6 years already so it's time to get going. My oldest daughter will be driving in 3 years so I have a deadline to meet.

Rightpace

If you place a level on the front core support face, you will have a 1½- 1⅝" rake towards engine. The firewall measurement at the top to the inside of the core support top is around 34 ⁵/⁸".
P.S.A. : if you comment on someone's question, make sure you know what you are talking about. People are looking for facts here.