• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rally Pac Clock

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Not directly Bronco related but I bought a Rally Pac for my Bronco. The clock in my Mustang Rally Pac did not work when I got it. I cleaned and oiled it and now it will run if you wind it. By wind it I mean I move the part with the contact on it about 90 degrees away and it runs fine until the contacts close then it stops. If I put 12V to the post and ground the other leg I get some arcing but it does not self wind. I can not figure out how the motor winds the clock and moves the part with the points away. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Ok I figured how it winds. The "motor" is a solenoid that when it has 12v cycles once and winds for about 2 minutes. After that it closes a set of points and repeats. The solenoid does not work when I put 12v to it. Anyone ever test or repair one?

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
I had the quartz conversion done on the Rally-Pac for my '65 Mustang, as well as on the in-dash clock on my '68 Mustang.

That modification is absolutely worth it if you want the clock to always be accurate and to never have to mess with it. The only time I ever have to reset them is twice each year as we go into and out of DST.