• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage Vs Best top

Joe473

Looking for differences on rampage vs bestop. Ease of up down, look, quality. Also is diamand black or black crush latest fabric? One vendor seems to have low price but is it older version?

I like bc but would rather have fold down type.

White Knight

Contributor
best top

STC/Rampage-- one in the same in the black diamond is great. I use it as a safari top and have done so for the past 2 years. I can put it up or down in 2 mins by myself and it has held up great. I do live in SoCal so the weather is favorable

Phoneman

Loc.
South Carolina
I just put a rampage on mine. Looks pretty slick. I saw a bestop on one and not a fan of the profile on it. The BC top is awesome though. It might be what i save for

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
Pay attention to how the rampage top attaches at the rear of the bronco. I am not sure how the other tops handle the rear of the top attachment and the tailgate piece, but I am not a fan of the rampage method. I do like the rampage profile though. As others have said, I too like the BCB top, I just did not have the funds for it.....maybe next year, or the year after...

carmi

Loc.
Oroville
I second 75Junebugs comment. Had I known how the rear window attached on the Rampage top I would have definitely looked for another option. I assumed it was going to be the same as the old Kayline. I really liked that style. I'll definitely be impressed if the rear window zippers last more than a couple years.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'm not impressed with my Rampage top at all. 5 years old, sits in the garage 90% of the time. The zippers have never worked well and are now falling apart. The color is yellowing and the vinyl is of a poor quality. If I wasn't set on a white top I would have avoided them and gone Besttop. Every Besttop I've seen is much nicer and higher quality.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I really like my Best-top, I run without the sides and rear window 95% of the time and its just like my old family bikini top except for the support rods on the sides which the rampage has as well.