• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage windshield snaps

gick70

I have my rampage top installed for a year now,I just can't see how you get the windshield snaps on,since the material doesn't seem to stretch over the windshield frame! Any suggestions??

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Pics would help.....not sure exactly what you mean. My Rampage snaps fine.

Are your 'male' end snaps attached to the windshield?? If so, maybe they are not in the correct spots?? I know my top wasn't perfectly centered when I drilled my frame for the snaps (trusted my 'too-young' son on helping with the centering) so, one side's snap is a bit lower than the other side. But, the snaps work fine as is.

Pops

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Here ya go Dave.....couldn't attach these to the PM, not sure why.

Hope this helps.

Pops

Attachments

• IMGP1170.jpg
    IMGP1170.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 76
  • IMGP1171.jpg
    IMGP1171.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP1172.jpg
    IMGP1172.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 72

toddsrods

I've run mine for about 4 years without snaps because I didn't want the holes in the w/s frame with no problems. Just rock it.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I put mine on the windshield riser piece. No way was I drilling the windshield frame. I don't see that they serve any purpose other than centering the vinyl

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
If you have the full soft door, that piece keeps the flap in the rain gutter on the windshield. Mine no longer snap and those will make your heart skip a beat when they let go while going down the road at 50!

tommyg

Contributor
Not to hijack this thread, but my bronco has two snaps on each side of the window frame, installed by the PO. Does this mean that it's set up for a rampage soft top? Is there any additional drilling that would be required to install? I'm sure I can dig around to find the answer, but hoping someone can give some quick feedback. I've got a hard top in my side yard that i've never put on, would be great to have something a little easier to take on and off for the few cold months in NorCal.