• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ramps vs Real world ?

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Here's a pic to show the 35 degree ramp ::)<br>
35degree%20ramp.jpg

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Here's a pic of the real world , although not as glam as some other parts of the world where the rest of you live .<br>
mel-4.jpg

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
nice ride. Got a few questions. what year is your EB?what kind of tires are those? and what 's up with that hood, but it's probably something I don't know about. Nice front bumper, looks beefy. Good pics. thanks

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=broncomaddness link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94053 date=1040771383]<br>nice ride. Got a few questions. what year is your EB?what kind of tires are those? and what 's up with that hood, but it's probably something I don't know about. Nice front bumper, looks beefy. Good pics. thanks<br>[/quote]<br>THANK YOU ! <br>It's a 76 <br>Those are 35x12.50 / 17 Good Year MTR's ( extremely cut)<br>the rear of the hood is raised 3 inches to let the heat out <br>howiebilt front bumper ;D<br>thanks again ;)

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
That Utah terrain looks crazy. About the hood mounts.<br>Did you fab your own hinges or what.Seems like a good idea. how much does it help?I'm about to swap a 351w, and I'm going to cut the inner fender wells and put a open scoop on the hood. and your mod seem like it would help alot with cooling. Give me details please?<br>Thanks alot. Also, do you know what year they changed the front blinkers. Mine are the same as yours, but i suppossedly have a 73'. Thanks a bunch.<br>JD

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=broncomaddness link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94064 date=1040774574]<br>That Utah terrain looks crazy. About the hood mounts.<br>Did you fab your own hinges or what.Seems like a good idea. how much does it help?I'm about to swap a 351w, and I'm going to cut the inner fender wells and put a open scoop on the hood. and your mod seem like it would help alot with cooling. Give me details please?<br>Thanks alot. Also, do you know what year they changed the front blinkers. Mine are the same as yours, but i suppossedly have a 73'. Thanks a bunch.<br>JD<br>[/quote]<br><br>I wish I lived somewhere kule like Utah :eek: The hood modification is a little radical but I basically took two plates and drilled the hood hinge bolt pattern on them twice about 3 inches apart . 2 inches would work just fine too . then you bolt the plate to the stock hinge location and then bolt the hinge to the plates . This cheap mod will allow you to do the 351w without the hood bubble and it really lets all of the heat flow out the back and the sides . The only drawbacks are that you can't fold the windshield down . As far as the blinkers go , older broncos had the blinkers in the grill not on the grill but I don't know when they changed ?:?

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
That Utah terrain looks crazy. <br><br><br><br><br>Sorry, I mean IOWA. One of those four letter states right? I hope Santa is bringing me LASIX eyes for Christmas. To avoid those embarassing situations. Good call on the hinges.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Nice pics. You went nuts with the siping tool...I love it ;) Do you run the extended hinges all the time or just on trail runs when you aren't getting much air flow? I like all the Howiebuilt customizations (louvered tailgate, rear wheel tubs, and on and on).

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94086 date=1040783526]<br>Is this pre or post WAH? ?:? ?:? ?:? ?:?<br>[/quote]<br><br>This was pre WAH . Around 60" - 61" = better than a 650 index on a 35 degree . I couldn't get an exact measurement because I couldn't keep the steering wheel straight and get out and measure at the same time . I will get exact figures this weekend for the comparison .

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Alright Howie I'll buy you a hogie... ;)<br>Heard a rumor that we are planning a disney trip in march.. Thats what walt told me ;)<br><br>

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=INPHOBIC link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94476 date=1040961746]<br>Alright Howie I'll buy you a hogie... ;)<br>Heard a rumor that we are planning a disney trip in march.. Thats what walt told me ;)<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Yep , I'm thinking of going the same weekend as the big tire run , but I know a bunch of people that are going the weekend afterward so I might just go there and stay for a week . Maybe check out Byrd's campground over in Arkansas or Tuttle creek ...got any Ideas I bring the beverages ;) ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Thanks 67HalfCab ,<br><br> when are we going to wheel ? You got a place up there ?

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94699 date=1041060563]<br>pics dont work for me (<br>[/quote]<br><br>don't work for me now either ...time to get another web host ;)

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=howiebilt link=board=5;threadid=12605;start=0#94670 date=1041046570]<br>Thanks 67HalfCab ,<br><br> when are we going to wheel ? You got a place up there ? <br>[/quote]<br><br>We have all kinds of places to go, Mostly Mud, Hills and two tracks but theres always somewhere.<br><br>I am hoping to have her running for the Donor Slaughter in March but my list of "Must haves" to get it running keeps growing.<br><br>I just put the first coat of Por15 on the engine bay and will do the second tomorrow. Then I need a new water pump from Chuck for the SEFI 302 and she's ready to drop in, Then it's mainly just running gas lines and hooking everthing up and she should be running under her own power again.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
ANother thing about your hood......does the latch in the front still work the same? If not what did you do to modify it......maybe you should just post a tech article.